VIP announcement 20-05-10

Guest chambo

I'm camping VIP this year just for the simple sake that I can have a shower. Nothing wrong in wanting a wash is there? I'll just be in the VIP area, get a scub then back to rough necking it in the purple campsite. Strongbow for breakfast, catching the crack with fellow festival goers and general banter and catching bands. Some might think I'm an idiot for paying extra just for showers, but hey, if it comes to it, 2 litres of highland spring and a bottle of wash n go 2 in 1 it is! :P

It would'nt be my cup of tea, I prefer my rightful place among all the commoners, having a proper camping weekend and getting down and dirty as you do at festivals.

That said, some people just can't be without cleanliness, showers and home comforts for that long. Bit soft if you ask me but each to their own, thats what festies are all about and if people are willing to pay V.I.P, then they must be "treated" as such.

Besides who in their right mind would want a nice refreshing massage and shower, when you could be in tatters, on a major comedown and treat yourself to a nice cold can of Strongbow for brekkie :P

What has annoyed me is the fact that when i asked Jim what more we could expect from vip this year due to the increase in price he told me that he thought the price was competitive with other festivals and nothing extra would be added. Is it just me or does anyone else find Jim's answers in the q&a thread to be extremely vague if they are answered at all?

Well at the time, there was obviously no plans to make any changes to it. Why does it annoy you? I mean Jim is unde rno obligation what so ever to come and answer questions, but he has spent a fair amount of time doing it and people (well most anyway) appreciate that. Complaining about something which you'd be deprived off if you were to go to pretty much any other festival in the world is just pathetic and wreaks of someone who isn't happy unless they've found something to complain about.

RANT.

You'll do well to find any complaints from me on here, and i'm very happy with the way Rockness is shaping up. The reason why it annoys me is that if i ask a question i expect an answer, my question to Jim was one of many that has not been answered properly. If you have a good look through tha q&a sessions you'll still find unanswered questions from a while back and a lot of the questions he doe's answer are done so like a politician. Add to that the fact that he always tells us we'll announce more next week and we wait for 3 weeks for anything.

I'm just not the type who like to be mislead, and i know when someone is giving a bullshit answer. If you are happy with these half arsed answers then thats your problem.

Well it's only took you 67 posts and 3 months to start complaining, quicker than most. The point Iain333 was making was that Jim King doesn't deliberately answer the Q&A badly, he probably can only give away so much information or whatever he has available and that by any standard, frankly, is more than good enough for anybody else on here, just you that seems to have a problem with it. Your expectations from someone who is trying to organise the festival and keep you up to date is slightly overshot and you should maybe rethink what you expect from this luxury that only Rockness fans have.

[/

hahahahaha, 1 complaint in 67 posts, what a pain in the arse i must be to everyone!

You just said it yourself " Jim King doesn't deliberately answer the Q&A badly". but deliberate or not he still answers them badly. Like i said before if your happy with less than informative answers then thats your problem. How can you say i should rethink my expectations, what exactly do YOU expect from someone you ask a question to?