Taxi from Inverness?

Guest Casablancass

Yup should be about £14 from the Rail or Bus Station. Last year taxi firms were doing flyers on the concourse and train, 4x people for £4 each. Cheeky Bas, that is both "touting" illegal, and overcharging.

If you dont want to hang about just phone and book one, it will be waiting there for you! especially necessary if there are more than 4 people. People carriers etc are in high demand.

Phone Highland Taxis on 01463 222222.

5,6,7 & 8 seater will b about £20

Only if you email me personally! :D Taxi meters are regulated by the council, so all prices should be the same, no matter what day you travel. New rates set last year mean Sat & Sun are Tariff 2 so its going to be a bit dearer then, xtra half fare so £14 +£7 =£21. If you haggle i.e. £20 quid to Rockness, then im sure it will be agreed and off you go. Doubt you can haggle much cheaper as its so busy. Just try and group up make sure there are 3 or 4 minimum and its cheap enough. Enjoy, i do hope the weather is good, just makes everything so much better.

Alright.

I won two tickets tonight (wasnt gonna manage but since I won them just decided to go for it) Due to it being short notice and work commitments etc we have to get the last train home on the Sunday night - will there be taxis waiting earlier on the Sunday (the train is at 9) and what time would be a safe bet to get to the train station on time.

There would only be two of us so any idea how much a taxi would be (as we need to keep enough cash!)

Yup should be about £14 from the Rail or Bus Station. Last year taxi firms were doing flyers on the concourse and train, 4x people for £4 each. Cheeky Bas, that is both "touting" illegal, and overcharging.

If you dont want to hang about just phone and book one, it will be waiting there for you! especially necessary if there are more than 4 people. People carriers etc are in high demand.

Phone Highland Taxis on 01463 222222.

5,6,7 & 8 seater will b about £20

I was simply giving people a choice!! If you want to drum up business pay for a banner?

I'd rather have a dozen numbers to call than just the six twos which could easily be engaged for long periods. Might save some people standing around waiting if they have a CHOICE of numbers.

PS I know enough taxis drivers to know you guys do well enough regardless of the amount of taxis, especially on Rockness weekend ;)

I was simply giving people a choice!! If you want to drum up business pay for a banner?

I'd rather have a dozen numbers to call than just the six twos which could easily be engaged for long periods. Might save some people standing around waiting if they have a CHOICE of numbers.

PS I know enough taxis drivers to know you guys do well enough regardless of the amount of taxis, especially on Rockness weekend ;)

Some friends got taxis last year and had no problem. I think they booked a minibus on the morning of the first night because a group went back. If you're worried call one of the numbers earlier in the thread I'm sure they'll be happy to offer advice.