Jims latest Blog

Guest Paul ™

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Jim King's Blog - The countdown has begun!

I can’t believe it’s this close but the site build starts in a few days and then it’s no turning back. We’ve finally got the Rizla line up and I’ve got to thank them as it was well worth the wait, it’s a great line up!

We had the Deadmau5 shows earlier this month and thanks to all of you who came down. He’s definitely set the standard this year for production, although Fatboy Slim’s production plan looks epic. His spec is the biggest that I've ever seen for a festival and we’ve increased the size of stage to fit it in. He has more moving head lights than Daft Punk and Prodigy put together and the amount of special effects and LED that he is bringing is off the scale.

The Strokes are getting ready and the message from their camp is that the rehearsals have been going really well. We have Leftfield’s warm up dates next week in Belfast, Dublin, Manchester and Sheffield and I cant wait to see what Neil has put together as the drawings look really good. We just added in some really good young bands this week and I’m really looking forward to seeing Twin Atlantic play main stage on the Sunday.

We’ve had a few sets move around due to flight changes and set times not working out so please check out the line up on www.rockness.co.uk to see these. Sorry if that’s caused anyone any problems but they were unavoidable as the connections from London are pretty tight on Saturday and Sunday morning for acts coming in from outside the UK.

The student buses are almost full and if you haven’t taken up this offer you need to do so quickly as it will be sold out soon. Event Scotland are also running a really great travel offer. So if you are coming up from outside Scotland then you can travel from various cities around England direct to the site with National Express for no extra cost when you purchase a 3 day camping ticket.

Just on the train to Glasgow for the DJ competition heats tonight. Good Luck to all of you who have entered and I’m looking forward to hearing what you have to offer.

Annie Mac also has some great stuff lined up for her shows in the coming weeks so please make sure you tune in this Friday and next Friday. Finally, I’ve just been speaking to the Carling, Strongbow and The Black Isle Brewery and the order is now in, so you can all relax and just count down the days to June 11th.

The student buses are almost full and if you haven’t taken up this offer you need to do so quickly as it will be sold out soon. Event Scotland are also running a really great travel offer. So if you are coming up from outside Scotland then you can travel from various cities around England direct to the site with National Express for no extra cost when you purchase a 3 day camping ticket..