Highlights...

Guest Elbear

Fatboy Slim was immense. Green Velvet was relentless and I didn't want it to end. Dan Le Sac were incredible and should headline. Killa Kella was a huge surprise for me and Soulwax were awesome. Not one performance from anyone I saw was poor.

But Leftfield......words can't describe how out of this world they were. Made my whole weekend and the best thing to ever happen at Rockness.

Friday-Enter Shikari(i also met them at the signing tent felt on top of the world :) ), Pendulum and Fatboy Slim

Saturday-Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip (probably the best thing i've ever seen at Rockness), Aphex Twin, Leftfield

Sunday-Hadouken!, Bloody Beetroots, The Strokes

I had a great weekend, hope that u did 2

Friday- Pendulum were immense live and seen half of Fatboy and he was good aswell.

Saterday- Boysnoize was incredible but Club 75 won it for me on saterday i was there the hole 4 hours and they were amazing.

Sunday- The Strokes and Chase and Status were very good but the best act and the act of the weekend for me was the Bloody Beetroots they were superb and was great at the front. Also got one of the guys bottle of water when he threw it in the corwd haha. :D

Edited by pancake70

1. Leftfield

2. Alabama 3

3. Dub Pistols

4. Doves

5. Grandmaster Flash

6. Crystal Castles (mental!)

Also saw 2manyDJs (same old set apart from three songs), Joe Goddard - Hot Chip (always good), Blondie (sound was terrible), The Strokes (not bad but short set for a headliner), Fatboy Slim (wasn't impressed), Kevin Bridges (excellent and the tent was rammed) and the two stand-ups before Bridges. Can't remember who else I saw!

1. The Strokes

2. The Strokes

3. The Strokes

4. Fatboy Slim (even tho i was completley out of it)

5. Vampire Weekend

6. Doves

7. Blondie

8. 2manydj's

kevin bridges was absolutley brilliant aswell

Hi folks back in Edinburgh and panicking organising things in my graduation on Thursday. I thoroughly enjoyed the festival and meeting everyone, will definitely come back next year.

Highlights:

Bloody Beetroots - I just could not believe this band, I was stunned and shocked, they have moved up to the next stage from the Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy and give us amazing techno metal, the way they use the guitar and electronics is astounding, one of the best discoveries ever and the energy of the group is impalpable. I have never seen a tent pack out so fast.

Aphex Twin - Was visually astonishing and seems to have reverted in some way back to the cold sweat comedown gentle music of Selected Ambient Works Vol 1.

Beautiful crystalline oblique synth tones and off key notes, shuddering bass booms and the most amazing beats matched with lazer visuals of gorgeous hues and colours, lime/yellow, thick red lazers married to pencil thin white ones. He also revisited Selected Ambient Works Vol 1 briefly and gave us Tha, a track that I play every night before crashing and lulling me into a dream state. His new stuff continues to use the treated strings and pianos of Richard D James and I care Because You Do but updated with funky splurges in that imitable Twin way. He played Fingerbib from Richard D james which brought the tempo up again from beautiful dream state, before culminating the set with ten minutes of Gabba and trashing drum and bass. This is the first time I have caught him live, one of the very best electronic artists out there.

Ive much more to add to this, so will update or maybe I will just write a weekend review.

Friday - Fatboy Slim

(I wasn't even looking forward to him nor did I intend on seeing him but from what I remember it was great)

Saturday - I actually can't remember who I saw

EDIT: Oh except the DJ playing in Howard's End between midnight & 2am who was pumping out some classics and cheese in equal measures but it was great!

Sunday a.k.a. the 2-days with no sleep comedown from hell day... - Kevin Bridges, Chase & Status, The Bloody Beetroots and Scott Agnew (comedian who was on right before Kevin Bridges).

Whoever the comedian was before Scott Agnew though really needs to find a new career, I felt sorry for him up there until I realised he was being paid for the toss he was spouting.

Edited by FannyBaws

on a non bands front:

1) Front row camping being really sparse! I really enjoyed this, tons of room which is always nice.

2) The crowd in general, just about everyone was so friendly!

3) BLACK ISLE BLONDE LAGER!!! :D What a beer.

4) Robert Wiseman!

5) The rizla arena in general, just about the best arena at any festival ever in my opinion. The sound was unreal all weekend and a guaranteed party any time day or night!

6) Free drambuie and mixer (x3) on saturday!

7) Hardly any queues for anything that i can remember!

on a non bands front:

1) Front row camping being really sparse! I really enjoyed this, tons of room which is always nice.

2) The crowd in general, just about everyone was so friendly!

3) BLACK ISLE BLONDE LAGER!!! :D What a beer.

4) Robert Wiseman!

5) The rizla arena in general, just about the best arena at any festival ever in my opinion. The sound was unreal all weekend and a guaranteed party any time day or night!

6) Free drambuie and mixer (x3) on saturday!

7) Hardly any queues for anything that i can remember!

highlight for me was dan le sac vs scroobious pip awesome set and i was right at the barrier which always helps

from a non music point of view thought the atmosphere in general was really good, very relaxed and friendly

also an honourable mention to our bus driver on the way home had the whole bus in stitches laughing at times