New accouncement

Guest brfcstar

Vampire Weekend are avaliable to play, they have like a week long break so it could well be them (fingers crossed!). Still expect N-Dubz to be announced unfortunately. Could also be The XX as I don't think they playing Leeds/Reading, again that'd be pretty good :)

Surely one of the announcements will be a big one? I would love Noel Gallagher to do a solo show on one of the stages. Very unlikely, but with the dissapointment of last year, it's not impossible.

Come on V! Pull something out the bag and make this one of the strongest line ups ever seen!

We have one main stage slot left, two 2nd stage slots and six 3rd stage acts left

so probably 9 acts getting announced Friday

Think the main stage act is gunna be The View or Keane as they've just finished their tours. Really think it could be Keane

On The XX they're busy that weekend

Aug 21 2010 Den Atelier Luxembourg, LUXEMBOURG

Aug 22 2010 Lowlands Biddinghuizen, NETHERLANDS

from their myspace

I'd bloody love Vampire Weekend to be announced! As the past few announcements have been pretty crap I think they need to confirm someone goood like Vampire Weekendd! :)

Buuuut my friend and myself were discussing the possibility of Dizzee Rascal. I knoow he played last year but i've noticed V aren't afraid of repeating acts. I've looked at his myspace and he's free that weekend so it could be a possibility.

Unfortunately I could see N Dubz or someone just as bad being announced this friday.

Hopefully V will surprise us though and pull someone talented out of the bag. :)

Won't be Dizzee he's at Reading and Leeds

and Id have said that he would be back next year at V booked high, either 3rd main stage or headlining second stage, but he said in an interview at Glasto, he plans on having next year off touring to work on his next album so maybe he will be back at V2012

I Kayne West will be back at V next year in his place

Well I'm hoping for Them Crooked Vultures or Taylor Hawkins and The Coat Tail Riders but I'm not holding my breath.

What about The Gaslight Anthem or The Hives now HRC is done?

Also I think that 2012 will be one hell of a year to be at festivals - Glasto will probably take a break for the Olympics so there will be a lot of acts kicking their heels looking for a nice stage!

From what I can see we are missing

V Stage - 1 act

4 Music - 2 acts (assuming they actually replace the "Road to V" acts)

Arena - 5 acts

Union - 22 acts

So its unlikely we will get many more big names any time.

EDIT: looks like Daisy Dares You is one of the 4 Music acts, so I'd guess the other will be similarly small.

Edited by Adster