Scam site confirmed

Guest Fluter

Hi All

We were planning to go to V CHELMSFORD on Sat and Sunday this year. I normally book the tickets but was away on day of sale, I left this to a mate who I thought knew what he was doing! unfortunately he purchased the Sat tickets from www.v-festival-tickets.net. Yes you've guessed it, hes been scammed! this company website has gone down and he has received an email saying they have gone into liquidation. Numpty!

Sorry If anyone else has been hit by the same, you wont be getting tickets!

We do have Sunday tickets from a legitimate source (ticketline)

The thing is, It is my sisters 40th Bday on the Sat and we were going to celebrate this. I know its a long shot but if anyone would like to swap Sat tickets for Sunday ones, we have 5 tickets that we would like to swap. PM or msg me back if interested.

At least we will be there Sunday if all else fails but my poor sis will be gutted!!

I'm confused. We booked tickets from the official site but have also received this email. The thing is, all our confirmation emails have been from v-festival-tickets.net but the email telling us our tickets have been cancelled is from v-festival-tickets.org. Our confirmation emails came through in inbox but the cancellation email has come through as junk.

Our money has been taken for tickets :(

Edited to add: We accessed the ticket buying page via the official site, so how/why the hell is V allowing unofficial outlets to advertise tickets on their site? We thought that by clicking on the tickets link on the official site we were buying from V direct.

Edited by Katster

Yep, and not a thing we can do, I hope you paid on credit card mate at least you will get your money back, something needs to be done. Its all very well saying people should no better. I knew better, my mate said same thing as you, he thought hed been directed through official site. outrageous

Yep, and not a thing we can do, I hope you paid on credit card mate at least you will get your money back, something needs to be done. Its all very well saying people should no better. I knew better, my mate said same thing as you, he thought hed been directed through official site. outrageous

Edited by Katster

I'd say I know how you feel but I can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I got scammed by these scumbags. The thing is you cannot blame V Fest as they clearly state on their website a list of scamsites not to buy from.

http://www.vfestival.com/tickets/unofficial-ticket-outlets

Hopefully your bank will be able to sort something out and you'll get the money back and even more hopefully be able to buy some legit tickets! Keep your eyes on SeeTickets as they may put some more up for sale.

I'd say I know how you feel but I can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I got scammed by these scumbags. The thing is you cannot blame V Fest as they clearly state on their website a list of scamsites not to buy from.

http://www.vfestival.com/tickets/unofficial-ticket-outlets

Hopefully your bank will be able to sort something out and you'll get the money back and even more hopefully be able to buy some legit tickets! Keep your eyes on SeeTickets as they may put some more up for sale.

I rarely buy from any other sites than seetickets, gigsandtours and ticketmaster as I know these tickets are legit. Keeping these in mind is better than being directed by whatever link on a website. I know this is no use to u now but bare it in mind for the future. Sorry to here u guys have been ripped off by these twats, by the sounds of it, the scam was made to look very credible.

It would appear these scammers pay google more than the actual official site to make sure when you do search for the official site you are actually directed to the fake one?!

This is completely messed up if you ask me, and V I think have a responsibility to stop it happening. Google should also take some of the blame.

Edited by paulbrock

I thought I did know better. I've never been to V and wasn't aware of any scam sites, but I've been to many festivals before and know how important it is to ensure you are on the official site, that's why when searching I looked for OFFICIAL v festival site. It would appear these scammers pay google more than the actual official site to make sure when you do search for the official site you are actually directed to the fake one?!

This is completely messed up if you ask me, and V I think have a responsibility to stop it happening. Google should also take some of the blame.

Of course I take some of the blame myself, I feel completely stupid.

We paid via debit card but it does look like we'll be getting our money back and fingers crossed we think we have a mate with 3 spare tickets.....I'm crossing everything right now until I hear that she definitely has.

Edit: She's just text, they've been bid up to £250 on ebay and she really needs the cash so unless we want to pay that she's going to leave them on ebay

:(

Edited by redmad1971

• 2 weeks later...

doubt any will go one sale on the official sites now. i'd try ebay in about a weeks time, judging by previous years the prices on there drop dramatically during the last week before the festival. or keep an eye on scarletmist. one thing i'd avoid is gumtree. me and my brother were on there for a couple of days trying to get tickets and its just crawling with scemmers (both got tried to be scammed 4 times at least). some of them tried scamming us both but said tey were in different places.

of course you can still get dicks on ebay, but ive had no roblems getting tickets from there close to the festival, just gotta check the account and stuff and take an educated risk and at last if you pay through paypal you'll get your cash back if you dont get the tickets

I can see how this happens to people.

The "fake" site has a very similar link to the official site and has information about the festival, the line up etc, even directions in some cases! They also have a page selling none existent tickets at the face value, again making it look official as they just charge the face value + a booking fee.

But you can't blame V for it. They can do absolutely nothing about websites registered in random countries all over the world, they are powerless to stop it. They write all over their site not to buy from these sites but other than that they can't do anything. If your pockets are deep enough you can go top of google sponsored ads (so the very first page on google search results)for every keyword that people search regarding V Festival, they can't stop that happening.

Google however have shown themselves over the years to be interested in only the massive cash revenues they take off ticket searches. They know full well it is a very grey area and they do nothing to vet the sites that advertise with them selling tickets at all.

Google will have made around a pound for every click onto this scam site by the way. Thousands of pounds they'll make paid for by these scammers on the people they have done overs cash.