2011 headliners

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Blur have said today they plan to do something next year, and theres Suede of course as well knocking around

Blur and Pulp headlining! With Suede underneath one of them would be like V2006 when Radiohead and Morrisey headlined with Beck underneath, and V still sold out then

whack Katy Perry and Dizzee Rascal as second stage headliners, and some dance acts in the Arena, everyones happy!

Foos are signed on an exclusive to IOW so they won't be there. Same for Kasabian and KOL (although they played there last year and even V gives it a year gap before they rebook the same headliners). RCHP aren't touring next year so that rules them out.

My guess would be 2 out of Arctics/Coldplay/Radiohead/Muse/Pulp...

My money is on Arctics with Snow Patrol one night, Coldplay with Jay Z or Arcade Fire another night (actually, that sounds pretty good! SOLD!)

Think the likes of V/Oxegen/T are gonna get pretty much the same headliners this year as it doesn't appear that the majority of bands big enough to headline are touring next year.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Think V will have deffo approached Arctics, whether they think V is cool enough to play is a different story.

But I can see V throwing a wad of cash their way to say yup!

The other headliner Id say is gunna be a big American band Green Day, RHCP, White Stripes are the top three Id guess.

Arctic Monkeys and Green Day sound catchy

As much as I would love (and I would absolutely LOVE IT) Green Day to headline, I don't see it happening. They've finished their world tour and I think they'll have a few months off before going to record some new material. I feel if they were going to headline a festival they would have done it last year while passing through.

That said, apparently they have recorded a lot of songs already so they may not spend long in the studio, might wanna bag some cash and raise some profile in the meantime.