Ticket Delivery - not signed for !

Guest paulfoel

Looks like most tickets are being delivered normal post or using some special post service. Most are not signed for.

I had my tickets from Seetickets then an email telling me they had been securely delivered. How do they know I had them if I didnt sign?

Just wondered what happens if they dont arrive. After all, if they get lost in the post they cant prove bugger all. Or do the tickets / barcodes just get cancelled and wont scan when you get to V?

Sounds a bit of a dodgy way for people to sell not delivered /stolen tickets then....

I got an email to say mine were delivered but they never had been. Turns out they'd been posted next door!

If they think the address is secure then they'll deliver the tickets without a signature. They note down a description of the house and take a picture of the front door for the manifest. It's from the latter that i was able to deduce that the delivery guy was a complete douche bag and couldn't tell his 8's from his 6's!

Luckily i got them back but See told me they couldn't re-issue tickets and that they were irreplaceable. If they can cancel them though so they don't scan, i'm not sure.

Have complained to See about the new couriers!

I had mine hand delivered this morning, also from seetickets, and to make things worse, the envelope was open!!

I am going to complain to SEE, i'm sure if the courier had took the wristbands they would not have sent me more.

Fecking joke.

But hey, only 2 weeks and 2 days left!!

I got an email to say mine were delivered but they never had been. Turns out they'd been posted next door!

If they think the address is secure then they'll deliver the tickets without a signature. They note down a description of the house and take a picture of the front door for the manifest. It's from the latter that i was able to deduce that the delivery guy was a complete douche bag and couldn't tell his 8's from his 6's!

Luckily i got them back but See told me they couldn't re-issue tickets and that they were irreplaceable. If they can cancel them though so they don't scan, i'm not sure.

Have complained to See about the new couriers!

I ordered mine from Seetickets and they posted them straight through, without a signature. The delivery company was DX Secure, or something.

In a way though, it's quite handy, because I hate having to go to the depot to collect stuff that needed a signature and we weren't in.

But all in all, I think posted tickets is such a shit way of doing it. I imagine thousands get lost, stolen or damaged as a result of being posted, and I'm pretty sure seetickets won't give the poor customers their money back. Maybe there's a text messaging thing they could implement or printing off your own tickets??????

Mine came through the letter box today from DX Secure. I ordered them from Ticketmaster who

I think used the same service last year, if I recall correctly.

Apparently, they will post through the letter box only if the property is secure.

I phoned them about it a few days ago and they know they are V tickets, so hopefully they

will take care with everyones.

TheDX are a complete disgrace,

I had murder with them over my Glastonbury tickets, they kept coming at obscene times of the day such as 12pm, when i'm either clearly in work or doing exams, so i rang and asked for them to send me them before 10 if they could, because i'm going away in the evening, eventually they agreed, they arrived at 6.30 in the morning, didn't knock just left a note, so i phoned again and said, can i have them before midday, they arrived at 6.00pm on the dot.

This time, i didn't know they had came, they just arrived with the normal post, shocking really.

The actual wristbands should have a small barcode on the clasp, it kinda looks like the unique barcode you use to add people on BlackBerry Messenger (I appreciate you may not have a blackberry to understand this, so see the picture below)

bbm_barcode.jpg

By the way, See Tickets delivery policy is as follows:

The delivery agent will attempt to gain a signature at the time of the delivery. If no one is in, for the majority of customers, the delivery agent will be able to make a decision to securely post the item through your post box. If the delivery agent feels there may be a risk in posting the tickets, for example a multi occupancy flat, they will either leave a calling card or we will contact you by e-mail to let you know what to do next.

The secure and safe delivery of your tickets is our priority. To ensure the tickets have been securely delivered, the hand held device the delivery agent carries enables the delivery agent to take a photograph and description of the property, adding the geo co-ordinates of the property. Additionally, where possible we will also attempt to get a signature.

If we are not able to post your tickets, we will leave a calling card or contact you directly to advise you of the options available to you for the safe delivery of your tickets.

On the initial delivery to the original address, we will either post them or anyone can sign for your tickets.

I went through see tickets (DX Secure) to get mine. I got mine after the delivery mans third attempt, my fault I didnt stay in the the house (although anytime between 8am-6pm is a long time to be in the house, bored!) He said he couldnt post them on the first or second attempt because his batteries on his photo scanner thing died so he couldnt take a picture of the door :/ Ah well, they are here now after 3 attempts