Being alone at V!

Guest Vogue

The friend who I'm going to V with told me this morning that she will be meeting up with a large group of her own friends who I don't know, and we'll also be camping with them. I was looking forward to a weekend with just my friend and I, but now it's likely that I'll be ditched for these new friends :unsure: I'll still have to camp with them as we're sharing a tent, but should I go off on my own during the day? I'm really not keen on tagging along with 20+ strangers, but I've never been to V alone before and it's made me really worried.. opinions?

If there are 20 of you, people will split up anyway as they will all want to see different acts. I'm sure you will be all friends come 9pm Friday night anyway once the booze kicks in. I would go with the flow and see how it goes. The problem I find is if you do go off and see your own things, phone signal is so poor, finding and gettting hold of your mate may prove difficult.

Finding someone to go to festivals with seems to be the most difficult bit sometimes. When I was leaving V last year, I was of the opinion that it wouldn't hav been good to be there on my own. Best advice is to stick with the 20 or so crowd, the chances are there will be someone there who you get on with. Most importantly, if you're having worries now, the weekend will probably exceed your expectations, therefore you'll love it!