Arcade Fire

Guest PaulDavis

I love Arcade Fire - probably best gig ever when I saw AF at Brixton in 07(?), & have got tickets for December :P - but I don't think I would want to see them play V as quite a proportion of the V audience just would not "get" AF. No "hits" to sing along to as such. Unfortunately they might be considered too big now to headline 4Music instead. They would probably get abuse like Doves did - and that's not acceptable :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say they were nailed on, going on past experiences.. with KoL in 2010, Killers in 2009, Muse in 2008 (albeit a 2 year gap, they are always somewhere, even though they are having a break), Foos in 2007... I'd say from Blink, GnR and Arcade Fire, That Arcade Fire will definately without fail be approached for the headline slot, so i think they will play!

• 1 month later...

Between that, you're missing them having two of the most successful, most critically aclaimed and in my view, two of the best records of 2000-2010, them headlining arenas all over the world, and producing one of the most legendary festival performances in a long time.

I really dont know enough about AF, but I am liking the new stuff from the latest album that is getting a lot of airplay at the moment, but I for one would love to see them at V.

It would make a nice change for something different. I hope I am wrong but it will probably be RHCP and Foos again next year. As much as I love these bands, they have both played before a few times and something new is definatley needed. If I had to pick one it would be the Foos as every set is class.

I expect V to continue with the same pattern of recent years though. One Dance and one Rock act as the main stages headline acts.

V stage - RHCP and Foos

4 Music - Tiesto and Chemical Bros

• 5 weeks later...

They were amazing at Leeds last year, every 1 saying they are not a V type band then what is ,V organisers sometimes do book something a bit diffrent not many times (radiohead , morrisey , dido)

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most overated live bands ever along with Radiohead that i have ever had the misfortune of watching in 25 years of gig & festival going.

Really really boring on both occasions i saw them and one was a few years back in a small venue the second was for 15 mins at Leeds in 2007. If Wake Up is the best song you can offer your fans then you have to worry about the band.

But no, they would never play at V.

One of the most overated live bands ever along with Radiohead that i have ever had the misfortune of watching in 25 years of gig & festival going.

Really really boring on both occasions i saw them and one was a few years back in a small venue the second was for 15 mins at Leeds in 2007. If Wake Up is the best song you can offer your fans then you have to worry about the band.

But no, they would never play at V.