Arcade Fire

Guest PaulDavis

I think I have to agree that Arcade Fire are a bit overrated. I saw them at Oxegen this year and they were rubbish. They were a lot better a couple of weeks ago in the Dublin O2. But although I would consider myself a fan, I think they can be quite bland at times and I've not really heard to many people say anything bad about them so they are a little bit overrated.

I'm not saying either Arcade Fire or Radiohead are rubish, far from it, when I saw them both they are quite obviously very talented musicians, they are just not my thing, I just find them both a bit bland but life would be boring if we all liked the same music.

Have a good Christmas Arcade Fire and Radiohead fans.

Tbh I'm a massive fan and think they're one of the best live bands I've ever seen

But I can easily understand that they're not the easiest band to get into and understand why people wouldn't like them

Really think they'd be a bad idea for V, would be a sub-par show for them as they'd get a really small or lairy crowd like quite a few bands did this year

Arcade Fire may have done an arena tour but their crowd at Leeds this year was the smallest headline crowd I've seen for a band at any festival…ever. Bear in mind that the R&L audience is much more geared towards the 'alternative' than that of V too & you've got absolutely no hope of them playing V next year. That it unless they release a hit single with Ke$ha or Pixie Lott etc.

I would love Arcade Fire to headline V, can't see it happening though.

I have seen them at Brixton, Appollo, MEN, and Mancehster Central and would love to get to see them Headline a Festival.

They are musicians and not two chord tony's like allot of the football Hoolie main stream Indie, they are lyrcial genius and so so talented, Wake Up, in my opinion, is not their best hit but to see Bowie get up on stage with them and perform it was amazing, I dont think they have ever written a ruff tune and the fact they all can write, perform so many different musical instruments, It is just taste in music, I love their influences, like Bowie, springstein, New Orde. Manchester Central last week was an amazing amazing gig, loved it

Arcade Fire may have done an arena tour but their crowd at Leeds this year was the smallest headline crowd I've seen for a band at any festival…ever. Bear in mind that the R&L audience is much more geared towards the 'alternative' than that of V too & you've got absolutely no hope of them playing V next year. That it unless they release a hit single with Ke$ha or Pixie Lott etc.

Hmmm I dunno the advantage V has is that they have two big outdoor stages, so V could put Arcade Fire headlining main and have someone more chart friendly headline second and the crowd could split evenly, Readings second stage is smaller and tented.

It would be like 2006 when Radiohead and Morrissey headlined main stage up against Razorlight and Kasabian. I know absolutely shit loads of people went to Razorlight instead of Morrissey, and a lot went Kasabian instead of Radiohead.

• 3 weeks later...