The Walking Dead

luckysalt

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well. 

Anyone reading the comic. Just got through with issue 143 which came out today, christ its really gotten good again. Its mad how they are keeping this so fresh.

Next issue in two weeks, issue 144. They have said its gunna be fun releasing this issue right before Comic Con, every issue has a little write up teasing the storyline etc. Next issue just says ...

It will also be the issue which will end Compendium book 3. So will be a massive issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dont think anymore should be said unless spoilered, even so the comic is YEARS ahead of the TV show and seems very few are interested in the comics, which is a real shame as they are fantastic.

But yeah, I was certainly taken aback by the goings on in 144.

All you can think now is... Can open, WORMS EVERYWHERE! What on earth will happen next!

• 1 month later...

I agree, I don't see how the series can progress really? 

The original statement of the show past the initial outbreak is that you are watching people who have no training IE Rick was a cop, he's handled a gun he's a tough cookie, Daryl was a hunter etc.

This group is just a bunch of average people who the viewer is more likely to see themselves as. 

But surely whoever survives, you learn how to live etc. So yeah down the line where does the series go? 

The opening episode of Fear has me intrigued.  I won't reveal anything spoilerish, as it goes out later in the UK.

The camera style, soundtrack and general atmosphere that worked best in TWD really sits well in a more traditional setting.  I like that this makes it more of it's age than TWD also, with TV, the internet, social media and mobile phones suddenly becoming something that has a place.

The initial bunch of characters we have met have varied between interesting and those who could become annoying quite quickly.  The young Johnny Depp guy and step dad stood out for me, the mum and sister I kind of hope are early casualties.  I hope that scared looking kid gets more airtime, he has potential.

I totally get what people are saying about the potential for it to have nowhere to go, but for now at least I'm interested to see how it gets where it's going.

I just watched it, I didnt like any of the characters apart from as you say the scared kid, the main characters you follow I hated to be honest.

For a 90 minute debut. It dragged. It wasn't what I expected, I thought social media and such would have been used a hell of a lot more, it kinda just is nothing is happening, its everyday life then boom its happened. I wanted the slow trickle, the hearsay, the media speculation, etc and its just nowhere. In TWD universe the early days have been touched upon many times, but this was the worst of all of them. 

It got a 10.3m rating but I bet that will fall to 6 or below for ep 2. 

Im not sure I will continue to watch.

• 4 weeks later...

What episode we on now?

Negan will 100% appear next season, I see they've also cast Gregory.

This upcoming season should be the best yet I feel. It will also be the season that will divide viewers. There will be a huge wave of walker activity and then past that, it will be a LONG time before that is the focus again, but if they get Negan right, that won't be an issue at all.

Ah I just read the Negan info.

They have opening casting for Negan for Season 6 Finale.

the casting for the role is as follows

"30s to mid 40s. A physically imposing, charismatic, brutal, smart, ferocious, frightening, hilarious, inappropriate, oddly friendly, fun loving sociopath that is both a leader of men and a killer of men. He has both a practical and emotional intelligence, he's a brilliant strategist, he's pure, dangerous, murderous, often gleeful id, that still has both discipline and a code. And he has a temper that can vaporize people. He's truly one of the strongest personalities ever..."