The Walking Dead

luckysalt

8 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Hated how quick they rushed the end, Dwight behind Daryl, shots gun, awful blood effect ''onto camera'' fades to black and immediately says you'll be alright all crammed into about 2 seconds.

Think the 90 minute finale will be great stuff however.

yeah that ending was shite. seemed so hobbled together. got very high expectations for the finale though. they just can't mess this introduction up

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I am so sick of this show now. I can't even pretend otherwise anymore. 

I'm the same as you really, I kinda just want most of em to get killed off. I don't care about them anymore. I rewatched the first season over the weekend and the difference is huge.

It's not perfect by any means but - SHOCK - walkers are actually a threat! Interactions that aren't just soap opera fallings-out! Characters who actually die!

OK Jon Bernthal's acting style always annoys me but you can't have everything.

On 29/03/2016 at 8:08 AM, FloorFiller said:

yeah that ending was shite. seemed so hobbled together. got very high expectations for the finale though. they just can't mess this introduction up

I wouldn't underestimate their ability to do something badly. The show just feels like it exists to maximise ratings now.

On 24/03/2016 at 4:32 PM, Spindles said:

If you are paying for a TV license and a channel that carries the show I think you can steal it guilt free.  I don't pay for anything and still steal it guilt free because I'm a bit of a twat like that.

Mind the TV license is just for BBC stuff. And frankly I think it's an absolute bargain.

But yeah... KAT

well that was shite. fucking knew they'd pull some bullshit like this, and in doing so they've absolutely fucked any real impact the introduction of Negan would have as now instead of people thinking about the impact of the death they're just thinking about the silly fake out death which we've already had twice this season already, and which will no doubt leak in the following six months as one of the actors doesn't renew their contract/signs on for another show etc

Jeffrey Dean Morgan was awesome and those final ten minutes of him were great, but everything leading up to it was so long winded, and that ending was bullshit

Edited by FloorFiller

As a non comic reader I quite enjoyed it. Could have done without the Carol sideline I felt, but I thought they captured a sense of futility quite well when they kept meeting obstacles and just when you think they've escaped once again...

Jeffrey Dean Morgan though... Hellooooooo! :wub:

To be fair to the episode, it showed Andrew Lincoln's acting ability quite well, the impact of being clearly outmanoeuvred to the point that realisation of just how fucked things were playing out on his face over the last half hour of the episode was top notch, I thought.  The desperate look of near breakdown was perfectly portrayed I think.  I also enjoyed Carl being referred to as "future serial killer", it made me smile.

nice to see The Kingdom residents making an entrance.

Interestingly we're nearing the point I quit getting the comics, my wife never read them but has watched the tv series, "I don't know if I can be bothered anymore it's not about the Walking Dead anymore" she commented at the end of the finale - pretty much what I felt when I quit collecting them. I still like where they took it and usually read the current issues online - but I do wonder how much of the audience feel the same.

Mu money's on Daryl meeting Lucille

3 hours ago, Spindles said:

To be fair to the episode, it showed Andrew Lincoln's acting ability quite well, the impact of being clearly outmanoeuvred to the point that realisation of just how fucked things were playing out on his face over the last half hour of the episode was top notch, I thought.  The desperate look of near breakdown was perfectly portrayed I think.  I also enjoyed Carl being referred to as "future serial killer", it made me smile.

mainly this ^

How many of the saviours are there though, after Ricks lot killed off loads there seemed to be tons more.

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

How many of the saviours are there though, after Ricks lot killed off loads there seemed to be tons more.

Thats the poor aspect of it all IMO. There seems to be absolutely loads of them now, even after some had been popped off.

The Hilltop folk had seemingly interacted with the Saviours for an extended period. You think they would have known a ballpark figure  of how many they were dealing with in that grouping and have been able to mention it to Rick's crew prior to the initial assault. 

58 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Thats the poor aspect of it all IMO. There seems to be absolutely loads of them now, even after some had been popped off.

The Hilltop folk had seemingly interacted with the Saviours for an extended period. You think they would have known a ballpark figure  of how many they were dealing with in that grouping and have been able to mention it to Rick's crew prior to the initial assault. 

True, you think they would, but you'd also think Rick would've asked how many there were before agreeing to try and kill them all?

Rather than act like a reckless idiot.

Also the Saviours have some pretty impressive tracking skills if they can find Rick's group multiple times, even when walking through the woods. Not sure it was such a good idea to whistle loudly in a walker apocalypse but there you go, it's not like walkers are a threat any more.

Ugh this show is so crappy these days. I genuinely wanted Carol to be put out of her misery.

Don't think I'm bothering with season 7.

53 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

Also the Saviours have some pretty impressive tracking skills if they can find Rick's group multiple times, even when walking through the woods.

and find a lovely clearing that they knew they would walk through to park all the vehicles, that happened to be miles away earlier :)

that is picky though, still made me laugh which is a good thing

They didnt know they were going to the doctor but I assumed they were setting up the ambush as they knew at some point they would have to leave. I think its safe to say someone is always coming and going, no?

However, the way they conspired to have pretty much everyone want to leave was pretty iffy to me

Yeah seeing the campervan parked in a clearing was a bit laughable, but the whistling directed them there, ;) (was done all a bit fast IMO)

31 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Also

Did I miss something, but how did they know that they were going to the Hilltop to see a doctor

It's like it's badly-written or something!

Also, why didn't the Saviours just camp outside of Hilltop instead of splitting their forces into five separate parties? And how long did it take them to build that log jam in the road?

God damn this show is stupid.

Probably season 7 starts with Glenn waking up underneath that dumpster and it was all a dream...

36 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Also

Did I miss something, but how did they know that they were going to the Hilltop to see a doctor

I think the point is that it was expected that they would be going there at some point, so the trap was set.  Negan is showing militaristic tactical ability, completely wrongfooting Rick with his overconfidence built from fighting lesser foes.  I haven't read the comics, but he seems to be the first true warlord they have encountered (I don't count the Guvnor) and represents a greater level of ability and resources than the group have seen before.

39 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I think the point is that it was expected that they would be going there at some point, so the trap was set.  Negan is showing militaristic tactical ability, completely wrongfooting Rick with his overconfidence built from fighting lesser foes.  I haven't read the comics, but he seems to be the first true warlord they have encountered (I don't count the Guvnor) and represents a greater level of ability and resources than the group have seen before.

yea fair point. must be more of them though as they could have been waiting a while, although I guess they had Daryl etc.

Mind you if they took the bazooka then they would have had the upper hand :)

55 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yup...  I thought the rest of the episode was a bit nothing but the last 10/15 mins was fantastic stuff.  I liked the ending...

But didn't you need the rest of the episode to show how fucked they were at the end, as spindles has said

To answer some things said above, yes Negan is tactical, he has absolutely shit loads of men [and women] under his command, I won't say anymore about why they are.

The Hilltop never knew how many he had because they never went to Negans base, Negan used somewhere else for them to meet which is where Rick and co attacked before, no-one knew where he was actually based.

In reference to Scottie, I said this a while back, this is where TWD changes and becomes a completely different beast, you'll either love it or hate it, I loved it, it needed a change and the story gets so interesting IMO but I doubt everyone will share this view. 

You say Daryl Scottie, but im not sure, I hate Daryl, fucking hate him, he's not in the comics and is there for eye candy, they write stupid fucking episodes for him like that one with Beth, just those two, as he has no source material and everything they've done with him is just awful unless he's just with some other characters who ARE following their source material, unless TWD show is following the comic material lets face it, its fucking garbage, the TV writers are shite, so anytime you're watching something and thinking its shite, its the TV writers, you know the whole that episode, TV Writers, none of that happens in the comic, the last 10 minutes you're all saying was great, straight from the comic. 

But I still don't think they'll get shot of Daryl cus they'll be worried little girls will stop watching or buying merch. I  believe it will be Abraham. My reasons, in the comic, Abraham is now dead, he gets the arrow through the head Denise gets, he has no source material left, it hard enough them writing for Daryl without having someone else to write for, BUT I remember Kirkman saying he regretted killing Abraham and wished he never did because he thought of some stuff he would have liked to have done with him, I just thought the whole him and sasha he's moved on to the point he now could have a child in this world, seemed too set up for him to die. 

OR its Glenn. I don't think anyone would mind too much if Glenn bites the dust and it sure would have an impact. Only other character is Sasha, for same reasons as Abraham and Sasha isn't even in the comics and has long run her course. Anyone else is far too important to the story moving forward.

Sasha, Glenn, Abe, Daryl. One of those four.

I hope it's Eugene but here's the odds...

Order by:  Order alphabetically Order by price 
Who Did Negan Kill? - The Walking Dead - Who Did Negan Kill?  
add-event.gif?ver=e4763286dee9e21358bca1
video.gif?ver=e4763286dee9e21358bca1800a Friday 8th of April 2016
08 Apr 22:00 UK Selection   Price
    Rosita  
13/8

Glenn  
5/2

Abraham  
3/1

Aaron  
7/2

Eugene