Thieves

Guest Poleski

I was talking to a friend about RockNess the other day and it reminded me of an incident I had.

A guy put her hand in my jacket pocket during Boys Noize. I was completely sober so I figured out what was going on, when I turned around they looked at me then walked away. They guy also had a jacket draped over his arm, to hide his other arms movements from people around.

This was my first incident like that at RockNess, did anyone else have a similar run in? I never thought of RockNess as a bad festival for that, besides the first few years with all the tent raiding.

Happens at loads of events, usually the same gangs working them all..

Think 2 years ago it was loads of people from Manchester robbing tents, last year was bad for gangs of pickpockets from Romania etc

All you can do is be extra vigilent and report anything suspicious.

Must admit last year the crime rates for thefts seemed to drop at a lot of the festivals :)

Happens at loads of events, usually the same gangs working them all..

Think 2 years ago it was loads of people from Manchester robbing tents, last year was bad for gangs of pickpockets from Romania etc

All you can do is be extra vigilent and report anything suspicious.

Must admit last year the crime rates for thefts seemed to drop at a lot of the festivals :)

Never experienced any theft at Rockness myself, although this year there were plenty of juiced up dickheads wrecking the yellow campsite on the Sunday night, possibly the larger Irish contingent that ventured over this year, no association with myself of course ;) but word has definitely filtered over to our shores at this stage. Spoke to loads of lads over from Dublin this year, so love us or loathe us theres gonna be plenty more of us back next year :D !

Speaking of Theft actually, that just reminded me of the shit that went down at Electric Picnic a couple of months back. It was pure insanity, they completely cut back on security this year which allowed all the local water rats to jump fence etc and park themselves in the first two campsites, Charlie Chaplin and Oscar Wilde, intent on f**king up their neighbours weekends.

The thievery and threatening scumbag behaviour that followed for many paying customers was absolutely shocking and really disgusting. A lot of peoples weekends were ruined because they were actually too scared to go into the venue and enjoy themselves in fear that their tents and all belongings would be gone when they got back. There were many reported cases of this going on. Entire tents were being commandeered by local scumbags, who basically came empty handed and stole everything from peoples drink to young ones knickers.

Organisers have said they would be having a serious look at what went on but it was basically their own fault for not organising sufficient security numbers.

Word to the wise, if your ever going to EP, head to the Andy Warhol or Jimi Hendrix campsites, you'll be safe there, don't even look at Chaplin or Wilde, just power on through!

Edited by Window Licker