Deadmau5 in Glasgow - 17th December

Guest Mega Fraze

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a lot of people Scotland = Glasgow. But no matter what people will moan - if the show went ahead and people couldn't make it due to the weather they would be saying it should have been cancelled. If thy cancel it they get moaned at by people who don't really have to travel to it. People have to remember that thi was a big event with Radio One. It was also Deadmau5's only show in Scotland, therefore people would have been travelling from all over to go to it. At least they are making an announcement next week and he may do another show. Unlike some concerts which are just cancelled.-

Actually Paul, I was one of the fans who missed out on Pendulum's gig at Braehead and lost all my money. Although I was angry at the time, I do think they made the right decision to keep the concert on. Call me a cheapskate, but I get a bit annoyed when I pay £30 and get all excited for a concert then it gets cancelled last minute for an invalid reason, there is no snow in Glasgow and there is differing reports forcasting it. Do see your point though mate, but you gotta understand how frustrating it is.

Someone on the facebook comments who said they work for Cream (apparently) said that the gig is trying to be re-organised for Wednesday or Thursday. Dont think thats very likely though <_< .

I'm more annoyed that every other event in scotland seems to be going ahead... including the likes of zombie nation & fake blood in aberdeen where they would have a valid reason to cancel. they were made to cancel faithless due to concerns over public safety on the road... deadmau5 seems to have been cancelled because there was a possability they would get stuck in glasgow (nothing to do with the public).

Having monitored the weather and forecasts on the route to and from Glasgow, the promoters have decided to cancel both shows.

IMO - I don't that was a good offer at all.I'm a teenager and don't have the means to travel to Aberdeen and back especially because the snow was still about, and I currently dont have the funds to be booking a hotel. Pendulum hadn't sold out it out, so basically they were just filling the venue. A generous offer would have been to offer a refund.

Also, alot of DJs were booked for the event and after party- artists who are probably scheduled to play elsewhere on Saturday. It's a risk that the promoters were probably not willing to take should the snow be bad and they all get stranded in Glasgow. - rather let down one place than various other places. Although I do agree it's sh!t for people who had tickets it's just one of these things happen and people should wait and see what they say next week.

As for the events happening here we won't know they will def happen until tomorrow, the promoters say there is a back up plan should Fake Bloods flight be cancelled but we will have to wait and see.

Edited by stu150

IMO - I don't that was a good offer at all.I'm a teenager and don't have the means to travel to Aberdeen and back especially because the snow was still about, and I currently dont have the funds to be booking a hotel. Pendulum hadn't sold out it out, so basically they were just filling the venue. A generous offer would have been to offer a refund.

Edited by stu150

no matter what point of view you take you are being self centred as far as the other side is concerned. The fact Pendulum managed to still go ahead both in Glasgow & Aberdeen says it all really, how did they manage it?

ok some people were annoyed by the decision to go ahead with those gigs but that is life... this decision has clearly not been influenced at all by the paying public and as of last night was still 100% going ahead according to Joels tour manager who I was talking to on facebook.

Will be interesting to see if Rapdeane com es on to comment since she is listed as the AEG contact for student & online stuff in the official statement on the deadmau5 facebook.

I cant believe there are people saying that ticket holders that are frustrated and pissed off about the gig being cancelled are being selfish. Get a grip! The trains running from Inverness to Glasgow and Aberdeen to Glasgow are running as normal. This means people can get to the gig from Dundee, Perth, Stirling and another string of places along the way. So dont tell me the promoters are thinking about people who live beyond Glasgow.

I've been to gigs where I've had to drive through drifting snow down the A96 and they haven't cancelled that. This is a poor decision in my opinion.

Edited by msr

The more I think of it, I think they made the right decision. It's a shame they had to cancel and I'd be gutted if I had a ticket but it's just not worth the risk. There will be people from all over the country coming down for this and they can't risk people not getting to the gig or getting stuck in Glasgow and the same goes for the performers.

As for those who've said they were too worried about their precious London gig, I doubt it. The fact the gig tonight was going to be broadcast on Radio 1 as was the afterparty I'm sure they didn't take the decision to cancel lightly.

I hope it's re-scheduled for everyone who's got tickets.:)

according to ticketmaster (or so i've been told) there is no plans to reschedule.

The decision was nothing to do with the public it was to do with the london gig as far as I am concerned as there was no mention of public safety in their official announcements about it & as I pointed out previously they stated they had been monitoring the route (pretty sure there is more than 1 route to & from glasgow) so I can only assume they eman their route.

they could have gotten to glasgow today easily, i'm willing to bet they could get out tomorrow as well. it was only glasgow & london left on the tour so if you can do glasgow with a potential risk of calling off london why not do it instead of cancelling glasgow for no good reason to pretty much garuntee the london show which if london now goes ahead will cause more outrage cause there is actually snow in lodnon (heathrow was closed earlier due to it)

you have missed the point... the promoters did not cancel this gig due to concerns over the public travelling, they cancelled over concerns they would get stuck in glasgow which would put the london gig at risk.

Why is London not being cancelled?

It is actually snowing down there with disruption to numerous transport links and i'm sure many people are travelling from all over to go to that as well (including people from up this way).

it is not just people in glasgow, people travelled from all over early to miss the predicted snow and have now been left out of pocket for travel & hotels for no good reason. some people have been left out of pocket because of the cancellation as they can't get refunds on travel & hotel which they will not be using now even although they could have still made it to the gig.

you have missed the point... the promoters did not cancel this gig due to concerns over the public travelling, they cancelled over concerns they would get stuck in glasgow which would put the london gig at risk.

Why is London not being cancelled?

It is actually snowing down there with disruption to numerous transport links and i'm sure many people are travelling from all over to go to that as well (including people from up this way).

it is not just people in glasgow, people travelled from all over early to miss the predicted snow and have now been left out of pocket for travel & hotels for no good reason. some people have been left out of pocket because of the cancellation as they can't get refunds on travel & hotel which they will not be using now even although they could have still made it to the gig.

I see you gave yourself one too ;-p haha

well apparently there is no re-schedule planned according to ticketmaster... you would have thought with it being the only scottish date & the whole radio 1 thing they would have been making more of an effort to get to glasgow instead of bailing for what appears to be no good reason. thousands of people have been left out of pocket for travel & accomodation to a gig that they could have still attended if they wanted to.

I have noticed it seems to be people who didn't have tickets that think it was the right decision etc. as well, very few people I have seen talking about it who were supposed to be attending are happy with the decision. A few are glad they aren't needing to drive in the weather now but were still very much set & happy to travel in it anyway before it was cancelled.

Most other big gigs & events (some who are also on tour and could possibly miss other shows) in scotland have gone ahead as planned, fake blood is the only other one I know about thats been cancelled and that was because he couldn't get here and nothing to do with public safety concerns. London tomorrow night is still going ahead despite having "adverse weather conditions"

To anyone who has been left out of pocket for travel & accom, I would be e-mailing/writing/phoning AEG/cream to complain and see what you can get out of them.

people would have been travelling from all over scotland for this gig, it would have been unfair to go ahead with it just to suit people who live in glasgow. there's snow in other areas of scotland which could have prevented people from getting there.

calm the beans.

Edited by zlatan07