pulp

Guest LEDZEP66

so you posted 5 times? lies!

and please give me a single quote (yes only one out of the loads i must have made)that suggest i think xfactor 'really matters in the world of music'.

no wait, that's more lies!

Did I post once in there giving it any respect, and which weren't taking the piss out of it or you and other obsessives?? :rolleyes:

(actually I did - in reply to people asking how come I was aware of some of what happened in it. That's what having kids does).

Meanwhile, you took it no less seriously than you do famine in Africa.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulp are a festrival band, more specifically they're a Glastonbury band. They have great history with the fest and I'm sure there's alot of adoration for them from the Glastonbury attendees. this has nothing to do with how many popular hits they've had it's more to do with Pulp being a musical institutuion. It also helps that in Jarvis Cocker they have one of the most charismatic and recogniseable front men of the last 20 years.

If Pulp do play Glastonbury it will be a piece of Glasto history and I and many other will be over the moon if they're there.

Guest blackcockerel

They're not subbing at Reading and Leeds, they're at Isle of Wight, and it's because headlIners had already been put in place there. They're also being paid more than anyone else playing

I'm just trying to believe for as long as possible that it won't happen because I really do not want it to.

You can tell they'll reunite for the summer, maybe play a handful of arena gigs in winter and then go back to their current projects for another few years until the demand is there again. All these bands reforming these days are more like resuscitations than anything.

Billy Corgan had a point when he called Pavement hypocrites.

hahahaha, you hardcore pulp fans are making a late bid for 'most touchy, most easily narked sensitive headcases on teh internet'. and believe me there's a lot of f**king competition, but you people are winning hanbds down at the moment.

I love pulp, great band, but f**king hell, there's some proper mental stuff here. It's like listening to evangelical christians telling us we're all going to be cast into a pit of fire unless we repent now.

Repeat after me 'Pulp, just a band'.

Guest blackcockerel

Hello Bort, Neil said it when they were announced as playing Isle of Wight. Mardy, it's hard not to defend your favourite band when an idiotic Take That fan is spouting crap and passing it off as fact about them!

I just like alot of stuff! I'm pretty indiscriminate really!

....on a more serious note i'm plainly baffled that Es & Whizz isn't considered a wider Pulp classic. For me it was huge - and it is the ultimate Glastonbury song. I did think they had as many widely recognisable songs as Blur, and definitely as many as Oasis - who in fairness, just did the same one again and again and called it different things.