All 3 Headliners now confirmed

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really cant see KOL playing Rockness anytime soon, maybe a tiny chance if they wernt playing Murrayfield, but simply too big at the current time (thats not with any offence to the festival). Wouldnt be suprise if they got a few from IOW though, will be good to see if they announce any non-headliners this week.

I hate KOL and hope they don't play - but why would they attract w*nkers? I thought the average KOL fan was just somebody who was into bland shite!? "w*nkers" I would normally associate with the likes of Oasis or Tiesto.

Nevertheless, hope they don't play.

Not a fan but I don't think that is fair. I think its because they have worked their arses off for the past 5 years through playing nearly every gig put their way and recorded a lot of albums with a lot of popular songs.

In some respects I liken KOL to the Foo Fighters, the worse they got the more popular they were and ended up playing stadiums. This is just my take on it, some people say the foos got better but for me once Pat went it wasn't the same, certainly not live, anyway I digress but I don't think its because they are cool to like.

Neither The Strokes or Razorlight are as massive as KOL. Neither sell out stadiums and neither of those two are particularly popular with people who are just into the current popular act. I get what your saying but I don't think The Strokes or Razorlight are in the same league as KOL anymore if ever.

Why do KOL sell out stadiums now? Because they're musical output is better or because they have become the band it's cool to like? I believe it to be the latter.

Edited by ampersand

this would be much more appropriate. i think like last year rockness will share one headliner with IOW, once we know all of theirs i think it will be fairly easy to pick which one it'll be. certainly pulp more likely than KOL, could go saturday IOW sunday Rockness. Ideal.

Edited by Memory Man

Starting to get concerned by some of the names being bandied around.

If Rockness is to get one of the headliners from IOW, and those three headliners are Kasabian, KOL and the Foo Fighters, then you just know its going to be Kasabian :rolleyes: I don't want any of them. Pulp would be very nice, but agree they are probably more likely for TITP, but you never know.

I preferred the Daft Punk/Primal Scream rumours!

Starting to get concerned by some of the names being bandied around.

If Rockness is to get one of the headliners from IOW, and those three headliners are Kasabian, KOL and the Foo Fighters, then you just know its going to be Kasabian :rolleyes: I don't want any of them. Pulp would be very nice, but agree they are probably more likely for TITP, but you never know.

I preferred the Daft Punk/Primal Scream rumours!

I'd hope for pulp, I think they would fit well and would be a great Sunday night headliner.

I'm not a fan of Kasabian their last album was alright (my flatmate plays it in the car) but I really couldn't name any of their tracks at all apart from Clubfoot, which I did like when it came out. They are just a band I never got into. If they are booked I imagine I'd be in the Clash tent watching.....?

Edited by theampersanddevil