All 3 Headliners now confirmed

Guest Paul ™

Im refuse to believe that daft punk arnt playing, i was so sure. Anyone got Soma Records on facebook? Today at about 4ish, they posted this

"humble beginnings can lead to big things! In 2011, Soma will be 20 years young, stay tuned for news ;)" along with a picture of a gold daft punk vinyl.....

Edited by preacherman_1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying for months that soma have something up their sleeves regarding daft punk and im over 90% sure they have at least approached them to play somewhere in Scotland next year as part of the birthday celebrations. all the Soma guys from grass root PRs to the directors (most of which I have on facebook) have been hinting & teasing for months about daft punk.

sharing Youtube clips, commenting and liking any links or statusres regarding daft punk playing the UK next year, uplaoding and sharing the Daft Punk Pressure 97 set etc. etc.

I recently posted a link to daft punk alive 2007 on facebook and Somas head of the 20th birthday celebrations who I know relatively well replied with a ;-p and then sent me a PM saying I should keep an eye on www.somis20.com when it goes online.

Sorry to have to bring KOL back on topic, because I agree with everything rexclark and Memory Man were saying a couple of pages back, I hate them and the generic shite they pump out these days, but just thought you should see how immense their pulling power has now become.

On the 5th November it took just 40 minutes for 80,000 tickets to sell out for Kings Of Leon’s Slane gig on the 28th of May next year. As a result, a gig at The O2 in Dublin has been announced which will take place this year on Saturday 11th of December 2010.

Lord Henry Mountcharles had this to say: “Kings Of Leon Rock! Slane Rocks!”

Lord Henry Mountcharles is a c**t by the way.

I just can't believe the frenzy they caused, it baffles me. Slane has gone to shite the last few years anyway bar the Oasis/Prodigy/Kasabian line up a couple of years back, which itself was a disaster due to the complete lack of organisation by one Lord Henry, the Organisers and the Gardai.

I'd be extremely happy if it turned out to be say; Pulp, Primal Scream and the Chemical Brothers.

That would suit me fine and I'm sure there would be plenty of other electronic acts to keep me happy for the weekend.

Also DJ Kormac or his Big Band Show would be a great shout for Rockness. Get on it Jim! They've played blinding live sets at EP the last few years. Kormacs the best thing to come out of Ireland the last while.

i kind of suggested that the ness would share at least one with IOW simply because it happened last year and with them being the two major UK festivals on that weekend i think it'd be mad for them not to do at least a little bit of co-operation, but it was purely speculation of course.

I have also said all along (on here and glasto forums) that i dont think DP will tour in 2011, i dont really see why they would for a film score. It wouldnt translate to live surely. Bear in mind the gap in time between their previous two tours was ten whole years!! (97-07)

i would in no way get my hopes up for them. if it happens then fantastic and amazing but there is quite simply nothing apart from what neil has said to suggest they will even do any live dates anywhere in the world. I think there must be something to the SOMA rumours mentioned above but if it was i'd say much more likely to be a DJ set.

If they play live it will be nothing less than a reasonably comprehensive world tour.

Pretty sure they dont need the money.

Edited by Memory Man

i kind of suggested that the ness would share at least one with IOW simply because it happened last year and with them being the two major UK festivals on that weekend i think it'd be mad for them not to do at least a little bit of co-operation, but it was purely speculation of course.

I have also said all along (on here and glasto forums) that i dont think DP will tour in 2011, i dont really see why they would for a film score. It wouldnt translate to live surely. Bear in mind the gap in time between their previous two tours was ten whole years!! (97-07)

i would in no way get my hopes up for them. if it happens then fantastic and amazing but there is quite simply nothing apart from what neil has said to suggest they will even do any live dates anywhere in the world. I think there must be something to the SOMA rumours mentioned above but if it was i'd say much more likely to be a DJ set.

If they play live it will be nothing less than a reasonably comprehensive world tour.

Pretty sure they dont need the money.

I'd say they are getting one of the acts that are announced this week, and it looks like it will be Kasabian announced tomorrow as the 3rd headliner for IOW.

KOL - Playing Murrayfield, pretty much rules them out of T and Rockness

Pulp - Potential is there, but might go to the big money that T can offer. They would be my prefered choice out the 4

Foos - Looked likely for TITP, but with Blink 182's tour dates announced today that puts them in the frame for T, then you never know if Rockness have pipped them to play

Kasabian - Most likely of them all I reckon (I hope am wrong)

Edited by Paul ™

not been on this in ageeeeeeees :) first post for rockness 2011!! :P...

I personally dont think pulp would be that great a booking for rockness. The daft punk chat, if it comes true, would be the ideal outcome.

Kasabian is a funny one though, they put on a great show with a lot of energy BUT would attract 'that lot from T':P

IMO I highly doubt kasabian will be there... when would you ever see a T headliner become a rockness headliner in a year, I think they will be seen as 'too big' to play rockness.

But tbh, from what I have read, there is no reliable information from any serious source about any of the rumours so far... it really could be anyone :)

Curiouser and curiouser

Rob da Bank

'Just to undo any rumours I'd spread about daft punk not doing any uk festivals...they may well be.. But not bestival'

'And when I say festival I mean that in the loosest sense of the word'

Whats that meant to mean, their doing the proms?

Edited by theampersanddevil