Rockness head liners 2011

Guest Fi Milligan

Personally I think the I think the line up so far is pish. Who's picking the acts? Jim and his team or Q Magazine? No way it's just a coincidence that all three won Q awards this year.

I do apologise for being so negative but like many others on here who are disappointed with the headliners I've been going to the festival since it's first full year and have watched it grow and flourish into the a great alternative festival and it really sadens me to see the direction it's going now. Yes there probably will be decent acts on other stages but the headliners make the festival. Would any of us have started going to Rockness if it originally had headliners like this? I doubt it.

Again I realise that this is a business and they need to make money but at what cost? Alienating your original customers? Yes they'll attract new customers but will they keep coming back the way we have? Only time will tell but if they don't pull something out the bag with the rest of the line up, I and i'm sure a few others won't be back.

I like the idea of Kasabain on the friday, its always when i have the most energy and the buzz is fantastic, great way to kick off the weekend!

maybe it would have been better having the chemical brothers finish up on the sunday, and have a wee chill out listening to paolo on Saturday.

But all in all, i do genuinely like the line up so far, its a bit of something for everyone :)

Remember, on last outing RockNess won line up of the year.... LINE UP of the year, not headliners of the year. I'm fully confident the rest of the line up will make up for the dissapointment of Paulo.

In previous years when I've been to TITP I went based on the line up of the slam tent, not just the headliners.

How good were club 75, and Boys Noize last year - NOT HEADLINERS

How good were Orbital, Busy P and the whip in 2009 - NOT HEADLINERS

The success of the festival doesnt rely soley on the headliners!