Wee bit dissapointed with the latest announcement?

Guest Louise.Reid

Personaly he ain't my cup of tea, I will be watching something else but I bet you he has a huge mainstage crowd and a drunken sing-along. Won't be the biggest crowd of the weekend, but I bet it is still large!

And don't forget, there will be a huge electronic act in the Clash Tent at the same time to keep everyone else happy or acts on other stages.

Its a FESTIVAL we're going to. Theres not just one stage, go to where you're music tastes takes you.

I'll be in the clash tent sunday night, so what if i dont see the fireworks, im there for the music!

ok, your right. But its the standard festival response to say that if you don't like it then there will be something else to watch.

But given that we don't know what that alternative is and that we weren't expecting paulo or an act of that kind to be headliner, how can we trust that there will be 'something' that we will like? We can't. We can only judge on what we've got and hope for an alternative. After the dissapointment of the Paulo announcement nothing can be taken for granted.

Furthermore, the use of q magazine awards to bolster the acts given that take that were on the cover recently, doesn't inspire confidense.

ok, your right. But its the standard festival response to say that if you don't like it then there will be something else to watch.

But given that we don't know what that alternative is and that we weren't expecting paulo or an act of that kind to be headliner, how can we trust that there will be 'something' that we will like? We can't. We can only judge on what we've got and hope for an alternative. After the dissapointment of the Paulo announcement nothing can be taken for granted.

Furthermore, the use of q magazine awards to bolster the acts given that take that were on the cover recently, doesn't inspire confidense.

Chemical Brothers, fantastic, pioneers in what they do. Kasabian, seen em about 6 times now, still, Britians biggest band and a fantastic live festival act. Paulo Nutini, to say i'm dissapointed is an understatement. Paulo Nutini shouldn't even me mentioned in the same breath as Kasabian and the Chemical Brothers, let alone headline along side of them.

WTF has he done to merit a mainstage headline slot. Even Ian Brown got bumped last year to some mid-aftertoon slot, he's realesed 6/7 solo albums and was part of one of britlands must influencial bands! Seems the organisers have spent most of their stash on the first 2...

Edited by scott_b_