BEST MEMORIES?

Guest Megan Burns

This!

Also queing to get into the tent for Daft Punk about 4 hours before their set and the set itself, also watching the sides come off the tent and realing how many folks were outside.

Going to the toilet on the hill during the Chemical Brothers set and watching about 10 mins of the set from there (the hill not the toilet) as the har rolled in from the loch catching the lasers and lights, awesome.

Year one i think when i went to the bar that was at the bottom right of the hill and Slam (i think) dropped Underword Born Slippy and everyone in the queue and milling about that area instantly started dancing as the bass line dropped.

Special mentions to Erol Alkan and the Charlatans in 2007.

2007 - meeting my boyfriend there then going to see daft punk together

leaving the tent during daft punk to go to the toilet and seeing how many people were outside, and the tiny crowd at the main stage for manics

2008 - dj yoda's vj set in the soco social tent - amazing!

2009 - the hilarious banter at the efest camp on the sunday night

First and last time was last year and best memories were:

• Bloody Beetroots, The Strokes, Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip stand out acts wise
  • The Carling Local on the Saturday night, was amazing!
  • Driving up to the festival and seeing the wheel and the stages etc near the loch

Was an amazing weekend, good enough to make me buy a ticket before the lineup was even announced this year.

My memories.. Hmmmm

Well 2008 in general was ace as it was my first time to Rockness! The sat, after losing my mates watching the view, I decided to go on a 6hour bender on my own. This involed much banter with strangers, a conversation about going to the moon with some guy and not remembering anything of fatboy slim! To top of the night I sobered up (well a bit) in the wrongness tent and couldnt work out why I had head phones on my head (only to realise it was a silent disco) :lol:

2009 was good for David Guetta in the pouring rain! Not a huge fan but it was fairly jumping, plus we were all drenched! Followed by Dizzy Rascal and Bonkers which again was bouncing! Also dancing on the soco tent tables till the early hours! Downside though was going about with just shorts on for the whole wknd and ended up with sunstroke, work on the tuesday was not pretty!

2010 Fatboy slim, dave clarke and bloody beetroots were immense! Again I managed to lose my mate on the sat night so had another sesh on my own (hope this doesnt become a habit :lol: ) Finding my mate though in the rizla arena just as the place was rocking!

To be honest the whole weekend in general is just one giant ace memory! I could literally go on for ages but dont want to bore everyone! :P

2008- seeing the site for the rest time. hearing the roar travel round the campsite for the first time. first encounter with the cuban brothers. second encounter ecounter with the cuban brothers. stumbling across pete tong. BOYS NOIZE!

2009- the flaming lips. basement jaxx. orbital. falling asleep against the fence mid-piss. tripping out my nut thinking i was being hunted by tribal warriors. meeting the eventual girlfriend. annie mac playing ready or not by the fugees haha. third encounter with the cuban brothers. placebo.

2010- getting on the bus we booked an realising it was waaay too small haha. losing my important supplly on the way in. hearing the sound on a festival main stage pitch perfect for once with friendly fires. booka shade. FATBOY SLIM SILENCING THE DOUBTERS (imo, i was one of those too) fourth encounter with the cuban brothers. introducing the festival to my mates, rockness virgins and festival virgins. APHEX TWIN AND LEFTFIELD. the afterburner. the other new concepts. BLOODY BEETROOTS. GRANDMASTER FLASH RAISING THE PARTY SPIRIT AFTER SHIT WEATHER OUTSIDE IN THE RIZZLA. THE STROKES.

My memories.. Hmmmm

Well 2008 in general was ace as it was my first time to Rockness! The sat, after losing my mates watching the view, I decided to go on a 6hour bender on my own. This involed much banter with strangers, a conversation about going to the moon with some guy and not remembering anything of fatboy slim! To top of the night I sobered up (well a bit) in the wrongness tent and couldnt work out why I had head phones on my head (only to realise it was a silent disco) :lol:

2009 was good for David Guetta in the pouring rain! Not a huge fan but it was fairly jumping, plus we were all drenched! Followed by Dizzy Rascal and Bonkers which again was bouncing! Also dancing on the soco tent tables till the early hours! Downside though was going about with just shorts on for the whole wknd and ended up with sunstroke, work on the tuesday was not pretty!

2010 Fatboy slim, dave clarke and bloody beetroots were immense! Again I managed to lose my mate on the sat night so had another sesh on my own (hope this doesnt become a habit :lol: ) Finding my mate though in the rizla arena just as the place was rocking!

To be honest the whole weekend in general is just one giant ace memory! I could literally go on for ages but dont want to bore everyone! :P

My first Rockness in 2008 with the other half and camping, waking up in the morning and firing on the frying pan to make sausage/bacon sarnie right across from the burger van and a queue of folk not looking too impressed while we chowed down.

Simian Mobile Disco made the weekend for me, and Fatboy Slim was the dissapointment. Cuban Brothers were bloody hilarious. Can't wait for this year!

2009 one o my pals kept urging me to neon up my face, "just a wee star or something maaaaan!!".

NO HAPPENIN!

So after 2 solid days of this I wake up sunday afternoon and see all the folks wi their stripes and stuff for the Prodigy and thought. "if I'm doin it I'm doin it right." so I spent 40 minutes makin myself look like some kind of electric demon. full face covered in a spectrum o neon stuff, folks were comin up to me and just takin pictures o the nutter who went waaay overboard on it. was a savage night.

2009 one o my pals kept urging me to neon up my face, "just a wee star or something maaaaan!!".

NO HAPPENIN!

So after 2 solid days of this I wake up sunday afternoon and see all the folks wi their stripes and stuff for the Prodigy and thought. "if I'm doin it I'm doin it right." so I spent 40 minutes makin myself look like some kind of electric demon. full face covered in a spectrum o neon stuff, folks were comin up to me and just takin pictures o the nutter who went waaay overboard on it. was a savage night.

My best memory was of Soulwax, 2 years ago maybe? Anyway we were stood somewhere in the middle on a bit of a mound so had the perfect view. A guy walked by me with a bean bag above his head, I asked him for it. He promptly gave me it and I wripped it open, dozens of people started throwing the balls into the air and because I was slightly away with it on ket induced trip I thought it was snowing! :D So Soulwax were pumping, the crowd were electric and I thought it was snowing inside a tent in June.....BLISS! :lol:

Edited by BenchBuddah

My best memory was of Soulwax, 2 years ago maybe? Anyway we were stood somewhere in the middle on a bit of a mound so had the perfect view. A guy walked by me with a bean bag above his head, I asked him for it. He promptly gave me it and I wripped it open, dozens of people started throwing the balls into the air and because I was slightly away with it on ket induced trip I thought it was snowing! :D So Soulwax were pumping, the crowd were electric and I thought it was snowing inside a tent in June.....BLISS! :lol:

2009- Freaking out to the Flaming lips because I wasnt sure if there was actually tellytubies on stage. Campsite frisbee on the sunday, The random dude in the nbc dude that I seemed to bump into at every moment. Someone planting an afro on my head at prodigy!

2010- Bloody beetroots, watching leftfield

Best festival in the world by miles

Edited by keyranaway90

2009- Freaking out to the Flaming lips because I wasnt sure if there was actually tellytubies on stage. Campsite frisbee on the sunday, The random dude in the nbc dude that I seemed to bump into at every moment. Someone planting an afro on my head at prodigy!

2010- Bloody beetroots, watching leftfield

Best festival in the world by miles

Well Ive only been once in 2010, so the highlights for me would be Bookashade, Aphex Twin (finally got to see the man) and Leftfield on Saturday night. The Bloody Beetroots and Dave Clarke on Sunday, plus everyone I met over the weekend. Would love to be going this year but dont think I will be able to afford. The Electric Picnic 2011 has just announced its early bird tickets, so might go with the installment plan for that. Youll never know maybe Ill land that job with a music magazine and earn a freebie through that, but some luck with the state of current and financial affairs in Ireland at the moment.

Well Ive only been once in 2010, so the highlights for me would be Bookashade, Aphex Twin (finally got to see the man) and Leftfield on Saturday night. The Bloody Beetroots and Dave Clarke on Sunday, plus everyone I met over the weekend. Would love to be going this year but dont think I will be able to afford. The Electric Picnic 2011 has just announced its early bird tickets, so might go with the installment plan for that. Youll never know maybe Ill land that job with a music magazine and earn a freebie through that, but some luck with the state of current and financial affairs in Ireland at the moment.