Rockness 2011 - A Big Year Ahead?

Guest ScottM

With some very big rumours circulating about the festival this year. It was obvious that not everybody was going to be pleased with the confirmed headliners. But Rockness has still done a damn fine job of getting some good names this year:

Kasabian headlining the Friday. A band that I've seen live myself and have an absolutely massive sound and never fail to get the crowd singing along with some of the obvious anthems like "Club Foot," "Shoot The Runner" and "Underdog." It's no wonder that they have won "The Best Act In The World Today" award, definitely a good way to kick off the weekend.

And on Saturday the mighty Chemical Brothers are back again! No doubt in my mind that this will be the act for the weekend. Amazing songs and live visuals that can't be beaten. I can guarantee that "Hey Boy, Hey Girl" will be getting chanted to the early hours in the campsite all weekend! Couldn't think of a better act to headline Saturday this year.

To close the festival there has been a bit of controversy over Paolo Nutini headlining. Can see where people are coming from being that Rockness has pulled such great acts in the past to headline, why Paolo? But I can tell he'll get a good crowd, it's music that'll suit the mood for the last day. Kicking back on the hill with a pint watching the headliner. It's not all bad surely? And even if it is, there have always been some fantastic acts on in the tents at the same time, so surely it'll happen again. Can guarantee it'll be a big act you can go see if he's not your cup of tea.

When you look at the line up this year and over the past it's no wonder that Rockness has won the "Line Up Of The Year" award and T In The Park won the "Best Toilets" award. Cause I mean, I'm totally sold on a festival that has clean toilets over the best line up of the year... Competition between T and Rockness my ass.

And even if the headliners aren't up to your expectations or floating your boat, there are always the other stages waiting to be announced. Who are we all wanting to see headline the Clash Arena? It's gonna be someone big isn't it?

f**k OFF.

most of us on here already have tickets, or will be getting tickets. and anyone who has decided not to go, won't be convinced by any of these annoying posts. you're promoting rockness in the wrong place! piss off unless you actually have an opinion on anything, instead of just posting what big jim has told you to say.

Edited by _rachelbon

When you look at the line up this year and over the past it's no wonder that Rockness has won the "Line Up Of The Year" award and T In The Park won the "Best Toilets" award. Cause I mean, I'm totally sold on a festival that has clean toilets over the best line up of the year... Competition between T and Rockness my ass.