Thinking of V again.

Guest stephen07

After the shambles in 2008 at Stafford i said i would never come back to V, my sister in law is getting married on the Leeds weekend so that is off the cards this year.

I think i will go for chemsford site as i just cant be bothered with weston park , has the sun been out at chemsford the last few years.

If you're into a less poppy line-up do Download. The atmos is 2nd to none with 100% less chavs & morons than at V.

V was my favourite festival until I went to a different one. If you can only afford one festival you should get the most bang for your buck & go somewhere where you get a whole extra day of bands for the same price as your V ticket. V is the perfect festival for newbies or those unsure whether they'll like the festival experience or not. If you've enjoyed V then go elsewhere, you'll find better facilities, more choice & considerably less knob-heads (and yes, that includes Leeds).

My mates & I were discussing doing a Euro fest but wondered about the costs when you got there? I spend enough at UK fests on beer/food etc. With the pound so weak against the euro at the moment doesn't it work out being extortionate?

Edited by thetime

If you're into a less poppy line-up do Download. The atmos is 2nd to none with 100% less chavs & morons than at V.

V was my favourite festival until I went to a different one. If you can only afford one festival you should get the most bang for your buck & go somewhere where you get a whole extra day of bands for the same price as your V ticket. V is the perfect festival for newbies or those unsure whether they'll like the festival experience or not. If you've enjoyed V then go elsewhere, you'll find better facilities, more choice & considerably less knob-heads (and yes, that includes Leeds).

The atmos at Download is considerably better & 100x friendlier than at V. Lots more people willing to talk to strangers & embrace the festie atmos rather than the vast amount of fashion victim girls hoping they can work their hair straighteners or spot a Hollyoaks actor that you get at V.

I've seen plenty of fights at V. 2009 in Staffs was horrendous for chavs, thefts & general anti-social behaviour. I vowed never to go again after that, it was overcrowded, filthy & the facilities were massively lacking for the amount of people. Strange how I've never waited for the loo at Leeds or Download or waited over a couple of minutes for a beer either yet at V it was horrendous.

Claiming that having a line-up filled with 'pop trash' is a good thing as it eliminates clashes is ridiculous. Who honestly looks at a festival line-up & thinks 'There's loads of bands I don't want to see..woohoo!! Thank god Cheryl Cole is headlining the 3rd stage, it saves a band I like getting a 90 minute slot'. Surely you cant argue with the fact that elsewhere you get 50% more festival for the same cash?

The atmos at Download is considerably better & 100x friendlier than at V. Lots more people willing to talk to strangers & embrace the festie atmos rather than the vast amount of fashion victim girls hoping they can work their hair straighteners or spot a Hollyoaks actor that you get at V.

I've seen plenty of fights at V. 2009 in Staffs was horrendous for chavs, thefts & general anti-social behaviour. I vowed never to go again after that, it was overcrowded, filthy & the facilities were massively lacking for the amount of people. Strange how I've never waited for the loo at Leeds or Download or waited over a couple of minutes for a beer either yet at V it was horrendous.

Claiming that having a line-up filled with 'pop trash' is a good thing as it eliminates clashes is ridiculous. Who honestly looks at a festival line-up & thinks 'There's loads of bands I don't want to see..woohoo!! Thank god Cheryl Cole is headlining the 3rd stage, it saves a band I like getting a 90 minute slot'. Surely you cant argue with the fact that elsewhere you get 50% more festival for the same cash?

I'll stick up for V, but the man is spot on with this, all of it.

V is ALL about making money, whereas Download as much as they want it to be a success they really care about the punters and want to make the best experience for them possible.

The whole friendly thing depends though I've met loads of friendly people at both, but i'd say people at Download are much friendly on a whole than at V. V is getting worse every year to be honest, even though I thought 2010 had an excellent line up IMO.

Edited by spwan-of-the-devil