Arctics / Eminem ?

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eminem awful awful, remember seeing him headline reading a decade ago and got to be the worst headline act iver ever seen....and I missed mercury rev for it aswel.

on a bright note at least its not foo fighters, cant believe there not playing v. david grohl missed a chance of another festival as there playing everywhere else.

The Arctics are a very good band live I don't know how long ago you saw them but they have really grown from Whatever People Say I Am when there was little crown interaction,

I didn't see Eminem at Oxegen last year (went to Mumford) but supposedly he was phenomenal. A lot of my friends who went to see him only because nobody else they liked was on came back raving about how good he was.

Last time was Reading 09 when they were very poor.

I have a feeling that might have been a mutual thing - them thinking that Reading was a poor fest for a number of reasons, which then impacted on their set.

I'd be surprised if they're prepared to ever play at Reading fest again ... which seems to be a theme that's growing with a number of big bands from snippets I've heard in the last couple of years.

I have a feeling that might have been a mutual thing - them thinking that Reading was a poor fest for a number of reasons, which then impacted on their set.

I'd be surprised if they're prepared to ever play at Reading fest again ... which seems to be a theme that's growing with a number of big bands from snippets I've heard in the last couple of years.

arctics and eminem sound much better than coldplay and RHCP, who tbf are have-beens. Chillis havent had a hit for years and coldplay havent imo since the first album in 2000.

whereas arctics have had 3 quality albums, never seen them live but watched footage from glasto in 07 i think and leeds in 09 and looked/sounded pretty good.

eminem is a bit different for V but glad there thinking outside the box a bit :) and would love to see him play!!!

I've seen Arctics 3 times and tbh they aren't great live but at the same time the crowd has always been fantastic. I think V would be a good festival for them to play. The main stage (at Weston anyway) I think is set up in a good way for them, it kind of feels a bit more intimate then other huge stages. I definitely hope they play.

As for Eminem I missed him earlier in the year at Oxegen so it'd be nice to have a second chance to see him, I'd say he'd be good craic. I'd prefer them both over Coldplay and Chilli's because I'll have seen coldplay at that point and I just don't think the Chilli's would be that amazing.

Ive seen Arctics 3 times

Reading 2005 in the tiny tent, Their tour after that which was about 1500 capcity venue [saw them the week that I bet You look good on the dance floor went to number one] and then their last arena tour, last year.

All three times they were amazing IMO. The different between them in 2005 and 2009 was unbelievable, seemed like a completely different band. Would be a great booking for V.

Eminem on the other hand, no thanks, hasn't released a song I like in 10 years, would rather V booked White Stripes if they're about and want a US headliner they haven't had before.

If Arctics have a good undercard I might grab a day ticket

So there I was, thinking that I'd definitely be heading to Reading in the summer...Then I come on here and read this...Totally thrown a spanner in the works :angry:

I love the Arctics, second album was alright, but IMO the other two were awesome. And from most of what I've heard, they're ace live.

Always wanted to see Eminem too. He's had some stupidly good songs over the years, and again, supposed to be good live.

If V have got decent acts on for the rest of the weekend too, I may have to go...