COME ON!

Guest SelfHealer84

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted - just found out the Wireless festivals headliners after all those Daft Punk rumours...

Friday - Black Eyed Peas http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/22004642B8476CC7?brand&tm_link=tm_music_h8

Saturday - Chemical Brothers- http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/22004642C0FC71C8?brand&tm_link=tm_music_h6

Not really Rockness related but I know a few people here were potentially going to Wireless if Daft Punk played <_<

Edited by gordong

You can check the history of announcements on this site, it varies but a lot of them come mid-February if you check the news items going back the last couple of years :)

Rockness

Announcements are usually outwith the promoters hands and often are restricted by the bands agents, bands managers, press release schedules for other festivals, tour plans etc. Rockness have stated it would be end of Jan/beginning of Feb but have not specified a date.. so people just need to be patient it seems.

And am not sure it will be as soon as Monday, there has unfortunately been a delay and it will be announced as soon as possible I've been told.

last year there were about 3 / 4 announcements and pretty much all of them were later than originally billed.

after last year im not expecting any announcements to be on time!! as paul has said its often not the festivals fault, probably some agents being difficult.

DP are not playing anywhere. when will ppl get this into their heads?! :blink:

Daft Punk playing has become a joke around these parts these days. Every year the forum is bugged with rumours from third party sources which just leave people disappointed. I'd prefer another real album anyway to be honest.

Anyway, I am getting a bit excited about the next announcement now, hopefully will be this week or next.

I don't mind waiting if it's a hefty announcement, but if it's one or two acts I will be a bit annoyed.

last year there were about 3 / 4 announcements and pretty much all of them were later than originally billed.

after last year im not expecting any announcements to be on time!! as paul has said its often not the festivals fault, probably some agents being difficult.

DP are not playing anywhere. when will ppl get this into their heads?! :blink:

i dont mean to start an argument whatsoever but on what basis can you possibly say that a daft punk tour is "likely" at all?! never forget that it took ten years between 1997 and 2007... next DP tour 2017?!

i dont see them touring again unless they do either a new album or they're never going to do another album again and they announce it as their last ever tour or something.

a film soundtrack was never going to be a precursor to a world tour, anyone who thought otherwise is a fool. Daft punk dont seem to go on tour unless it literally is a year long worldwide campaign.

i think them appearing with phoenix was a bit daft (haha) really because it just got everyones hopes up when in reality there was nothing on the horizon.

Edited by Memory Man

I absolutely agree, I can't see Daft Punk returning anytime soon. There are always rumours forever spreading online about 'World Tours' and making appearances at festivals - e.g Wireless, or even play under another name?! - e.g The Third Twin at Arenal Sound in Spain (which DP management eventually made clear that it definitely wasn't them in the end). Don't get me wrong, they are one of my favourite acts of all time, and there performance at RN 07 is the best live act I have ever experienced, I loved it so much, that I went to see them again when I went to Tokyo,Japan in December 2007...

However, I just can't see them coming back anytime soon, as much as I would love for them to return to the loch, or anywhere in the world for that matter!

More to the point, Why has this turned into a Daft Punk thread?

Back to the original topic, after talking to my pals today I am eagerly awaiting the next announcement.

Hoping for Surkin,Brodinski and Fake Blood on the DJ front and will be pleased with whoever is announced as Clash Headliners.

Any ideas for the Clash?