Headliners?

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The absolute best bit about this, the finest thing to come out of all of it is watching people get in a right old tizz about it.

1) she's clearly big enough, in terms of fame, stature, records sold etc etc

2) All 3 headliners, like them or not, think they're hypocrites or not, all 3 of them share a certain philanthropy, an awareness of social concerns, whatever you want to call it. That is not a minor consideration, they all, very clearly, fit into Glastonbury's ethos. That, more than anything else is what sets them aside from other acts, those at T4 or V or any place else. Don't underestimate how important that is. It's more important for the festival as a whole than the type of music they play.

2) All 3 headliners, like them or not, think they're hypocrites or not, all 3 of them share a certain philanthropy, an awareness of social concerns, whatever you want to call it. That is not a minor consideration, they all, very clearly, fit into Glastonbury's ethos. That, more than anything else is what sets them aside from other acts, those at T4 or V or any place else. Don't underestimate how important that is. It's more important for the festival as a whole than the type of music they play.

After a little consideration I've realised that, whilst I still think Bouncy is a terrible choice, the other two are pretty solid, if a little uninspiring. U2 will surely be worth seeing (it's just we knew this would happen from the moment they pulled out last year) and Coldplay, although they feel a little tired, have got some great songs. If they could only remember how to make it this special:

If they're as good as they were then (which they really weren't in '05) then it's only Sunday that falls flat (ironic given I'm refering to Bouncy). Hoping for a great West holts headliner - what are the rumours for West holts at the moment?

If the Arcade Fire, REM, Chemical Bro's or Pulp speculations are true as subbing or headlining on the Other Stage, this will be one hell of a scoop for Eavis. Fair play to the man, Beyonce - though I don't ever hear anything about her to be honest, Coldplay and U2 look impressive on paper, especially if they have the former 4 I mentioned contending against them on the other stages.

Fingers crossed those O.S. rumours are true as I'd only really be interested in seeing Coldplay.

Weak, was hoping that the Sunday would provide something totally different, Pulp or someone else would've been fantastic, but this is just deflating. Of course, it's not all about the headliners and I'm sure they'll be quality acts elsewhere but other than U2, the other two frankly would bore the death out of me.

Are we really to trust a site with this gem of elloquent journalism:

It must almost be that time of year when we spend just under a week on the phone to the Glastonbury Festival hotline, trying to get tickets for an event that we don't really want to go to and watch bands that we simply haven't heard of, all the while wading around in mud that consists of fake ecstasy tablets, discarded tofu burgers, vomit, paper cups and underwear.

However, generic pretty girl we're in love with is going, so it'll all be worth it in the end. Even if we do catch a rare strand of cholera from the lakes of urine splashed on our tent.

Oh god no! I have the misfortune to be in Slough for a week this week. If thats the best the evii can do then I'm not happy! That's worse than a week in Slough! And before you moan:-

Glasto 95,97,98,99,00,02,03,07,08,09,10.

Reading 79,80,81, 2001, 02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09

TITP 1999, 2000, 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10

I know my headliners and that's utter shite! And I've had four pints of Stella so don't f**king argue!

Love that booking. I would have much prefered Radiohead, but Beyonce is still a great booking. She will put on one hell of a show, she has a great back catalogue, she's perfect for Glasto. Jack Daniels, sunshine, twenty yards from Beyonce Knowles at the best place in the world? I won't argue.

Just imagine if it started with the horns on Crazy In Love, and Jay-Z doing the intro.... B)

Of course I won't be there if Chemical Brothers or Libertines are playing, but i'll see a bit of it :P

Oh god no! I have the misfortune to be in Slough for a week this week. If thats the best the evii can do then I'm not happy! That's worse than a week in Slough! And before you moan:-

Glasto 95,97,98,99,00,02,03,07,08,09,10.

Reading 79,80,81, 2001, 02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09

TITP 1999, 2000, 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10

I know my headliners and that's utter shite! And I've had four pints of Stella so don't f**king argue!

The absolute best bit about this, the finest thing to come out of all of it is watching people get in a right old tizz about it.

1) she's clearly big enough, in terms of fame, stature, records sold etc etc

I think Beyonce is a valid headliner she has a back catalouge going all the way back to 1997. She is the biggest selling female artist of the 2000's, she writes her own stuff. She is an icon of a generation. I do not have any of her albums but i will be happy to have the chance to see her. An amazing voice and amazing songs to get you dancing and singing along. I feel she will be a fitting end to the festival and make everyone singy and dancy drunk!