Headliners?

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've listened to some songs of hers at home, and a few have made my gym playlist. Either way, that's getting into subjectivity. Whether I see or not (I might as I'd never pay to see her at her own gig) I think she's a good headliner.

She's a huge act that has been before and was reportedly very enthused about it andquite blatant about wanting to play. She's a change from getting back the same bands again and again, it sets the Big G apart from the likes of IOW, she has philanthropic tendencies that the Eavii like and it's another big US act which is good publicity for the feat and will hopefully persuade other American acts that Glastonbury's a good idea

i'll be disappointed if it's Beyonce, as my personal opinion is that she's not a big enough pull to be a headliner - but then I guess I know very little about modern pop music.

The thing is, there's plenty of other stuff to see when headliners are on. I saw Toots & The Maytals and Rodrigo Y Gabriela last year and had a bloody great time. Stevie who?!

Broke the news to my family at the dinner table last night and it turns out my wife and daughters are absolutely thrilled about Beyonce playing. They even did a nice comedy dance of Single Ladies around the kitchen. As a concession to Pulp fans, I am sure they couldn't give a toss if she played before or after Pulp though.

My wife has a soft spot for Coldplay and despite not exactly being a fan of U2 - I can't help but think they will be phenomonal at Glastonbury. So the headliners all turned out to be pretty family-friendly as far as I am concerned.

Neil - Please tell us the Prince story? Did he visit Worthy farm and get caught beasting one of the calves in the cowshed? :blink: Did he have a Manics moment and demand his own exclusive purple portaloo? Or was it a simple case of expecting to be paid a squigillion pounds like the Rolling Stones?

I've listened to some songs of hers at home, and a few have made my gym playlist. Either way, that's getting into subjectivity. Whether I see or not (I might as I'd never pay to see her at her own gig) I think she's a good headliner.

She's a huge act that has been before and was reportedly very enthused about it andquite blatant about wanting to play. She's a change from getting back the same bands again and again, it sets the Big G apart from the likes of IOW, she has philanthropic tendencies that the Eavii like and it's another big US act which is good publicity for the feat and will hopefully persuade other American acts that Glastonbury's a good idea

I got really bored of defending the booking last year. There were a hardcore of about 10 regulars (me included) who thought it was a great booking and knew a fair bit about his extensive back catalogue. There were many, many people on here who didn't know any of his stuff prior to about 1982-3 and seemed to think it would be Part Time Lover back to back with I Just Called to Say I Love You for 2 hours. Philistines..... ;)

I dunno... I am a big Beyonce fan but not at Glasto! She is not the reason I go to a 5 day festival - her appearance might even be the reason I dont go!! Same for the other bands mentioned to be honest.... not too fussed, if not slightly disappointed. :blink:

Yeah, I remember a lot of people slating the choice for Stevie Wonder on Sunday night.

I was a bit unsure right up until he got through the first song.

Found his albums a little difficult to listen to and I'd say I only like some of his catalogue, but he was a fantastic entertainer, one of the most charismatic I've ever seen and I felt he really connected with the audience.

I didn't really know that many of his songs he played - apart from the latter half of the set, but his overall performace was so great I was overawed.

It was completely different to what I'd ever seen before so I will happily welcome Beyoncé.

I don't see how it's a bad thing that Pulp would play before her? Surely it means you get to see Pulp and then see someone else brilliant on the other stage? I'd rather have to stomp over through the crowds than have to choose between them.

How far apart are they Pyramid and Other Stage from each other, how long does it take to walk between each one, is it easy enough to leave the Pyramid after the sub headliner finishes, and make it to the Other stage for the start of the headliner on there, and what usually is the time gap between 2nd band on the bill and healiners. If it happens and its possible I'd rather see Pulp then move on and see The Libertines.

How far apart are they Pyramid and Other Stage from each other, how long does it take to walk between each one, is it easy enough to leave the Pyramid after the sub headliner finishes, and make it to the Other stage for the start of the headliner on there, and what usually is the time gap between 2nd band on the bill and healiners. If it happens and its possible I'd rather see Pulp then move on and see The Libertines.

Guest blackcockerel

There were a lot of idiots slating Wonder, I remember it well. I'm not bothered for Beyonce and the Libertines even less so I'll go for a wander I reckon. Just glad I'm off to see Pulp at WIreless the week after where they'll have a decent set length.