Headliners?

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see the Beyonce: I Am...World Tour video that was shown on Channel 4 over Christmas? The interviews and stuff were a little bit cringey at times, but the voice and the performances were just amazing, moving.

The bit when she just fully launches herself miles out into the crowd off the stage back arched, fully committed, is beyond awesome.

But your saying she sings two or three notes and then parades around as a lap dancer which is completely not true. She's got a very good voice and is a very good dancer. Unless you've seen her perform live which I have I don't think you can really comment on a live performance of an artist. I'm not even particularly a fan of her but you've got to give the woman some respect as she's clearly talented.

Edited by LondonTom

Survivor,

Crazy In Love,

Deja Vu,

Irreplaceable,

Listen,

Halo.

They're the only tunes I can think of off the top of the head but they're all fantastic songs. Definitely big enough to headline and I would imagine she will be bloody brilliant.

Single Ladies is shite though.

Edited by liamgazza

I dunno... I am a big Beyonce fan but not at Glasto! She is not the reason I go to a 5 day festival - her appearance might even be the reason I dont go!! Same for the other bands mentioned to be honest.... not too fussed, if not slightly disappointed. :blink:

Survivor,

Crazy In Love,

Deja Vu,

Irreplaceable,

Listen,

Halo.

They're the only tunes I can think of off the top of the head but they're all fantastic songs. Definitely big enough to headline and I would imagine she will be bloody brilliant.

Single Ladies is shite though.

Edited by MEGABOWL

as popular as Pulp were in this country, they're hardly one of the biggest bands in the world or ever were so why speculate that they will be headlining? They don't even deserve a headline slot imo, they are not current anymore and I'm sure there are much more worthy headliners than Pulp and I loved Pulp!

as popular as Pulp were in this country, they're hardly one of the biggest bands in the world or ever were so why speculate that they will be headlining?

you've made the mistake of taking words from a promoter/organiser in a literal way.

It's not like any festival organiser is ever going to say "we've got some mediocre bands for you this year" is it? :lol:

They don't even deserve a headline slot imo, they are not current anymore and I'm sure there are much more worthy headliners than Pulp and I loved Pulp!

If The Verve can headline then Pulp certainly can - they're a much more loved act.

Nothing wrong with decent pop at all, where the singers come on and actually sing, instead of singing a few notes, then acting like a striper for most of the song.(See single laddies VMA video). I am sure Beyonce has a great voice, fact is she dosn't rely on it, she relies on being nothing more than a glorified lap dancer for most of the show...

I do love that if you think Beyonce is a shit headliner on here you automatically just want guitar bands :lol:

Guest musiclove123

f**k, that would probably be the worst problem of the weekend for me if Pulp are on before Beyonce, and The Libertines are headlining The Other Stage. I have absolutely no interest in seeing Beyonce but I really want to see Pulp and The Libertines if they play. The saving grace I suppose is Pulp are at IOW and Giddings is trying to get The Libertines as well. Still, I fancy seeing both bands twice, its the only time i'll ever see them probably.

If its Primal Scream, The Chemical Brothers and The Libertines I'll probably be at The Other Stage for the headliners every night, unless theres something special on one of the smaller stages or they manage to get someone amazing before the headliners on the Pyramid who I couldn't miss. The thought of U2, Coldplay and Beyonce doesn't excite me though.