Headliners?

Guest Roonwilldo

Er, really? I mean, I'm not really down with the kids any more but I don't recognise anything "different" in the Libertines music to anything that went before or has come since. I'm certainly not convinced they changed anything.

Maybe I just don't "get it" but I wouldn't generally consider anything of this sub-standard as being good enough to open JP, let alone headline Pyramid.

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Libertines revitalised British "indie" guitar music. Who was around at the time, British guitar scene wise? It might not have been for the better now (at the time it was), but without Libertines (who admittedly wouldn't be where they would if not for The Strokes) no Arctics, Razorlight, Cribs etc. etc.

I wouldn't describe the Libertines as pointless, they might not be to your taste but when they began they completely changed British guitar music, it had all gone a bit downhill and they came out with a new style that has influenced music greatly ever since

I don't necessarily think talking about the influence of The Libertines is at all relevant. I like them, because they've written 20 or 30 odd songs that I enjoy. I think a lot of people who like them would say the same thing. I also don't dispute that my views may be warped or biased as I was 13 or 14 when I started listening to them. If I'd had the The Beatles or The Smiths or even britpop in my teenage years my views may be completely different.

I also think citing Doherty's drug use or supermodel girlfriend (and hence his celebrity status) as an anti-Libertines argument is completely irrelevant and pointless.

I don't necessarily think talking about the influence of The Libertines is at all relevant. I like them, because they've written 20 or 30 odd songs that I enjoy. I think a lot of people who like them would say the same thing. I also don't dispute that my views may be warped or biased as I was 13 or 14 when I started listening to them. If I'd had the The Beatles or The Smiths or even britpop in my teenage years my views may be completely different.

I also think citing Doherty's drug use or supermodel girlfriend (and hence his celebrity status) as an anti-Libertines argument is completely irrelevant and pointless.

Really? I think Gaga is terrible. The only decent tune she's had was the first one she did with Beyonce, and that was originally a solo Beyonce record.

I really don't get how people can put Beyonce in the same bracket as T4 on teh beach etc.

She's a great singer, makes interesting pop music. Sure, not everything she does is amazing, but name me one artist that does?

As for the person who says pop music is in a state, surely rock music is in a far worse state these days? I can't remember the last new band that made me want to go out and buy a rock album.

And Pete Doherty?? Give me a break, he's f**king DREADFUL.

Edited by denwyn