Headliners?

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading a lot of the comments on here I think the reason people make such an issue of who's headlining is because we all love the festival so much - I look forward to it all year and get annoyed with anything that might take the edge of my enjoyment of it - e.g. weather or lineup not including the bands I want to see.

So sorry to all those involved in booking the bands and organising for any moaning... understand it's just the passion talking!

In answer to the comment that everyone sticking up for the booking is starting with "I'm not a fan of Beyonce but...."

I'm very excited about Beyonce. Someone I'd love to see but would never pay out £50+ for a ticket for individually. I don't like all of her music, only the odd tune, but I think she's an exceptional vocalist and can put on a great show, so I'm looking forward to getting the chance to see her. I like it when Glastonbury tries something different, as I think thats what keeps the festival fresh.

I will be there - unless she clashes with The Chemical Brothers or Pulp, then I will have to think about it, but even then, I have seen the other 2 many times before, and will no doubt get the chance to see The Chems again. They are both acts I would buy tickets to see individually. For me - I like Glastonbury to take me out of my comfort zone and ask me to give something else a go.

Excellent piece in today's Observer by Barbara Ellen on the whole Beyonce thing.

They'll be plenty of earnest young white men playing guitars all over the site if that's your thing. They'll also be jazz, folk, hip-hop, country, pop, dubstep, reggae (although not enough, natch), soul, bluegrass, drum & bass, punk and just about every other genre going, if you look hard enough. I am ambivalent to Coldplay, really dislike U2 but I'm not complaining about them being on the line up. There's over 900 acres of music and experience to explore if you don't think Beyonce is worthy of your, or the festival's, time.