Headliners?

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she headlines she will have to pull jay-z in to special guest on crazy in love, bonnie and clyde etc. Otherwise she just doesn't have the material for a full headline set at a festival. Personally i was looking forward to seeing her play when it became apparent she was but only as a sub or 3rd from top.

Not my bag, but then again the pyramid headliners rarely (if ever) are. Robith makes some good points above about sales, and frankly if you're booking bands to headline the Pyramid, you're going to want big sellers. Yeah, I'd love Jeffrey Lewis to headline, but you know what, thank f**k I'm not in charge of booking eh? They're big names, very f**king big names.

The Pyramid has ALWAYS had pop artists, certainly when I started going in the 90s that was the case. This is nothing new, stop f**king moaning.

The pyramid stage turned into V festival years ago, I don't know why people are so suprised by these turgid headliners. You usually get the odd diamond ( in amongst the dung and I would guess this year will be no different.

Beyonce as a headliner though? It's just embarrassing more than anything. Most embarrassing of all though is that she will get a huge crowd. That pretty much sums up the glastonbury crowd now though so I am not surprised one iota. Thankfully there will be pockets of sensible people elsewhere.

Beyonce more viable a headliner than Pulp? Thanks Emily, you really get what it's all about don't you.

Record sales and hype are king!

Not my bag, but then again the pyramid headliners rarely (if ever) are. Robith makes some good points above about sales, and frankly if you're booking bands to headline the Pyramid, you're going to want big sellers. Yeah, I'd love Jeffrey Lewis to headline, but you know what, thank f**k I'm not in charge of booking eh? They're big names, very f**king big names.

The Pyramid has ALWAYS had pop artists, certainly when I started going in the 90s that was the case. This is nothing new, stop f**king moaning.