Disco_Fudge

Guest gordong

Hey guys

Sorry, I know this isnt Rockness related, but I doubt i'd get a reply anywhere else. My mate bought a Deadmau5 ticket off Disco_fudge on the 13th December for £60 through my account on efestivals and his paypal. As you's probaly know - it was cancelled, however due to a number of reasons, my mate didnt try and get a refund until mid-January. We went into ticket-scotland in Glasgow, but they refused saying it was bought somewhere else.

So this means it was bought online, which therefor means Disco_fudge would have recieved an automatic refund. I tried mailing him on this - no reply. Tried mailing him in his Soundcloud - no reply, even though he was put up several mixes since I messaged him. I was wondering if any of you guys have any contact details for him? My mate does not want £60 back, just the face value of the ticket, which I think is more than reasonable.

Sorry again for the wrong section.

If it's sold through a friend why should he be held accountable?

Maybe if the claim was made at the beinning of January it might have been a reasonable claim. But this far into Feb? A bit late in the day.

If Disco_Fudge is at least making enquiries then fair play, thats the right thing to do. But don't get your hopes up...

The ticket was bought off Disco_fudge on the 13th December for £60 through my account on efestivals

If he took the money for it, he should be refunding the money he was paid for it, then it's down to him to chase his refund.

And he did try to contact him in January, I don't see how that is late in the day tbh..

But that's ok then if you think fine to pay money for something and get nothing out of it.. and also considering the £60 he paid for it which is far higher than the face value of the ticket in the 1st place (which in turn is against the rules of this site to sell above face value)

The guy is even only looking for the face value cost refunded, he is being perfectly reasonable about it...

I only found out today that the ticket was sold on behalf of a friend of disco_fudge. I assumed I would be able to return the ticket to ticket-Scotland and my mate didn't manage to get into ticket-Scotland until mid January. I didn't think there would be any problem with this as I assumed he could get a refund at any time and it was only when ticket-Scotland refused to return the ticket due to it being bought from another vendor I reliased there was an issue..

This is when I initially contacted disco_fudge. I don't want a big argument here, just a face value refund for the ticket...

Edited by gordong

Hate being drawn into online arguements as it invariably ends up a slanging match. But feel I need to defend myself. I've cut and paste the messages I've been getting off this guy on soundcloud about it. I'll leave you to make up your own minds.

Hi

Done a bit of investigating and it turns out ticketmaster should have refunded you the money direct to card. I dont want £60 back, just the face value of the ticket....

Gordon

GameboyRaver

GameboyRaver 11 Feb 2011 at 08:01

Hey

sorry for not replying earlier. Didnt mean to f**k you about, was waiting on getting good info before I replied. I bought your ticket off a friend of a friend (as my own mate was originally buying it off me but cancelled). I've not been able to get hold of him but am guessing he is avoiding my contact as he's pocketed the money. I'll keep chasing it and try to return you some good news.

Sorry for the f**kabout

GameboyRaver

GameboyRaver 11 Feb 2011 at 13:18

my friend (who knows the other guy) said to txt her to sort it. Txt her on 07XXXXXXXXX

GCG

GCG Yesterday 12:18

Right, no offence mate, but thats your job. Unless it was her paypal account, then I'm not interested.

GameboyRaver

GameboyRaver Today 21:14

It is not my job. You bought your ticket second hand, I am not a ticketing agent and have no legal obligation to refund you. I have left you with the information (my friends phone number) to enable you to get a refund.

Any refund I can help to be made is entirely a goodwill gesture.

I would suggest if you want it you contact her and not continue to send me hostile/aggressively worded emails. Otherwise I shall simply put a block on your emails and tell my friends to do the same. If you are rude to them as well you shall not be getting any refund. I have not been on efests for a while but if I hear word you are dragging my name through the mud, again no refund.

We are all adults after all, there is no need for this.

I suggest you politely contact my friend. I have done all I can

GCG

GCG Today 21:57

Look mate you gotta understand that you've really f**ked me about here. Who's paypal did I pay into?

GameboyRaver

GameboyRaver Today 22:21

First of all I'm not your mate.

You really are coming across as a keyboard warrior here. If you are able to reply to me is it really so difficult to phone or even text the number I gave you.

You have completely ignored the messages I have sent you before. I repeat: I DO NOT KNOW THE PERSON WHO I GOT THE TICKET FROM, IT WAS FROM A FRIEND OF A FRIEND. I HAVE GIVEN YOU THE DETAILS CONTACT THEM.

I understand you want your money back, it is not difficult. Pick up your phone and call the number I gave you. You are making an issue when there is not one.

I do not care for your aggressive tone. If you speak to me like this why on earth should I help you? If it continues you will not get any money back.

This is my final reply, you are on very thin ice

Nothing to do with me, or anyone but yourselves but surely if you (Disco_Fudge) can get a ticket through a friend of a friend you can get a refund from the same person rather than create an even larger chain making it even harder for gordong to get his money back. Bit of a dick move IMO.

I txt that number that Disco_Fudge gave me, politely asking if a refund was possible and if it was his paypal account I payed into. He replied saying it wasnt his paypal account and that his friend Harry bought it from him and sold it on to me and then asked how much I payed for it. I said I had payed £60, but only wanted £30 back. He replied saying that this was no problem however I would have to wait until the end of the month because he is skint at the moment and also as he doesnt have paypal, he asked if he could put the cash into an account or send a cheque. He was being very friendly and reasonable.

However, I'm not sure what to do here as isnt disco_fudge's responsibility to refund via paypal? I'd prefer use paypal for the refund rather than a bank transfer or cheque. Last night I sent Disco_Fudge this message

GCG Yesterday 23:51

I apologise if I'm coming across agressive, I'm honestly not meaning to. I spoke to your friend via txt who said that it was sold through your paypal account, however they would bank transfer me the cash at the end of the month. Is it possible that they could give you the money and you could transfer me the money through your paypal?

I haven't recieved a reply yet...

Edited by gordong

Well I hope this gets sorted, I hate seeing people getting treated like mugs. Disco_Fudge has came across as a complete fanny in this thread. Whatever role he's played in the buying and selling of the ticket he should be doing the upmost to get the other party refunded, rather than just trying to palm it off onto someone else.

The sad thing is others could be put off buying tickets from folk off a forum because of this.