Plan B

Guest jackarmy

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe they have gone from 4th bottom on CH4 stage to subbing headliner on main stage - I know they are popular but its way too high for them!

I still wonder if things are going to change due to the fact day splits have still yet to be done which is the 1st time ever they have done this - who knows.....

I can't believe they have gone from 4th bottom on CH4 stage to subbing headliner on main stage - I know they are popular but its way too high for them!

I still wonder if things are going to change due to the fact day splits have still yet to be done which is the 1st time ever they have done this - who knows.....

• 5 weeks later...

Bizzare choice if its true...I actually think overall the line-up for V this year is very slightly better than the last couple of years (headliners/sub-headliners apart...except for Artics). The IOW fest has a woeful line-up this year but even there Plan B is only 4th on the main stage. Surely Kaisers/Razorlight/Dizzee/Manics/Primals are more deserving of a subbie slot??

• 2 weeks later...

His slot last year was like 30 mins or so and was great fun imo but now he is subbing he's gonna get about an hour or so? I think his set is going to drag on with a load of stuff nobody knows (other than die hard fans)

• 1 month later...

Have to say - I was one of those doubters about Plan B subbing, but having seen him 3rd down on the Pyramid Stage, I actually don't think the slot is too big for him.

Granted, he has only had one big "commercial" album, but it appears to me he is good enough to carry it off.

Have to say - I was one of those doubters about Plan B subbing, but having seen him 3rd down on the Pyramid Stage, I actually don't think the slot is too big for him.

Granted, he has only had one big "commercial" album, but it appears to me he is good enough to carry it off.

He did draw a huge crowd though. The Paul Simon crowd just before him was massive and I thought it would thin out for Plan B but if anything more people came in than out!

He actually has a very MOR with a modern edge, so has very wide appeal. On the evidence of Glastonbury, he is easily big enough for the slot he has at V.