The Strokes added to Oxegen line up

Guest Guckeery

They have two of our headliners subbing... MCR i can understand as they fit the R/L demograph more than oxegen/titp, but i wouldn't have said that is the case for the strokes.

Saying that, I think a strokes headline set would be a lot better than a strokes subbing set.

I'd expect a few exclusive acts as the 2nd/3rd/tent headliners to make sure that it isnt too much like titp/oxegen.

It does look bad if you compare the headliners and subs, but TITP and Oxygen seem to have pretty poor undercards so a strong R&L line-up with heavier acts would save the day and back up the "R&L is a different type of festival with different people attending so MCR will be popular enough to headline" argument.

If they can pull out bands that aren't playing any other major festivals (Soundgarden, The Offspring, Deftones, Iggy, Alice In Chains, etc.) rather than the same bands that are on the undercard at TITP and Oxegen then it makes a statement that R&L is a different type of festival.

Oxygen and T in the Park are nothing like Leeds and Reading, so where other bands are on the bill there dont really have an impacted on Leeds.

However, Strokes to headline Oxygen and then Leeds Fit, so i think with other bands they will follow suit and not have MCR on top of the bill and RnL

I'm not sure I agree, I don't remember this being true for other years. I think it's headliners that sell festivals, and with 2 of R+L headliners subbing at other festivals in the British Isles why would people go to R+L over T or Oxegen. Muse just doesn't cut the cloth for me.

I'm not sure I agree, I don't remember this being true for other years. I think it's headliners that sell festivals, and with 2 of R+L headliners subbing at other festivals in the British Isles why would people go to R+L over T or Oxegen. Muse just doesn't cut the cloth for me.

I just realized how messed up the Oxygen line up in terms of placing is (site crashed last night so I didn't see). Foo's over Arctics, and Coldplay over The Strokes. 4 headline caliber bands right there, but then they have Black Eyed Peas with The Script subbing???

MCR and Paolo Nutini playing third I'm guessing. Two more bands that will (presumably) headline major festivals this year.

If everyone is so amazed at the Oxygen line up why not go? Or If you don't fancy going across the water go to TITP? If you think some dickheads burning stuff is bad you should see those festivals.

R&L perhaps might not have a line up as good as TITP and Oxygen but it is far better as a whole.