March For The Alternative - London Saturday 26th March

Guest HastingsBoy

I did say sort of :P

It was more how pointless the protest is to go with all the fuss than anything else. Disrupting other people for a message that can be so easily ignored by those in chagre.

Edited by Nyika

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want me to find that post where you said your action was limited to voting or the one where you said you wouldn't be marching cos it was pointless?

Do you want to present what I really said in its full context instead of mis-representing things I've said? :rolleyes:

To make it clear, because you're deliberately being an arse: I'll be at the march.

"It was more how pointless the protest is to go with all the fuss than anything else. Disrupting other people for a message that can be so easily ignored by those in chagre."

Like in Tunisia, or Egypt recently? Glad too that those marching during, say, the African-American Civil Rights Movement in the '50's-'60's didn't feel the same. "Yeah, I feel racial dignity, economic and political self-sufficiency, and freedom from oppression is really important, but you know - I just can't be bothered with all the fuss with protesting . . ."

For those of you who support the march but can't join in for whatever reason, your can still make a HUGE contribution. There are several 'Armchair Army' campaigns in place to bombard the media over the next few weeks. Tell your own story of how the cuts are going to effect you, your families or your communitites. Or express your support for the demonstrators and the march in general.

Links here:

False Economy - A (virtual) step for the alternative.

Armchair Army - Bombard the Media - A very authoratitive list of who to contact (radio & TV shows, print media, email addresses for politicians etc)

The Twitter Armchair Army

Be under no illusion that this battle needs to be fought with the media as much as the government, so any contribution you can make to drown out the neo-con, capitalist voices over the next two weeks would be truly valuable.

Y

Im glad to hear you've changed your mind

I've not changed my mind. I was undecided, but recognised it would probably be futile. And it probably will be.

I've just seen the first part of slimy Gideon's budget speech, where he's promised huge tax cuts for the rich, plus the future loss of state pensions and the NHS via the merging of NI payment into the tax system - given that they're the party that thinks everything should be accounted for and paid for on a usage basis, that merging can only be the prelude to the loss of those things at some point in the future.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see that you've changed your mind from believing that the tories were only acting pragmatically towards to deficit, and now realise that they're acting in full-on ideological mode (which you angrily told me I was wrong about, and since then your posts back to mine have been almost exclusively hostile. I hope you take a moment to think that fact over ;)).

I've not changed my mind. I was undecided, but recognised it would probably be futile. And it probably will be.

I've just seen the first part of slimy Gideon's budget speech, where he's promised huge tax cuts for the rich, plus the future loss of state pensions and the NHS via the merging of NI payment into the tax system - given that they're the party that thinks everything should be accounted for and paid for on a usage basis, that merging can only be the prelude to the loss of those things at some point in the future.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see that you've changed your mind from believing that the tories were only acting pragmatically towards to deficit, and now realise that they're acting in full-on ideological mode (which you angrily told me I was wrong about, and since then your posts back to mine have been almost exclusively hostile. I hope you take a moment to think that fact over ;)).

It was the bit where you said you weren't going that made me think you weren't going and cancelling the third runway was pragmatism not ideology - unless you finally feel able to tell me the ideology that informed the decision and how it differs from your own seeing as you wanted the exact same thing. Its like having an exchange with a dementia sufferer

Again.... :lol: :lol;:

Do you want to present what I really said in its full context instead of mis-representing things I've said? :rolleyes: