The Deleted line up

Guest Englishdragon

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'll see the streets, enter shikari and muse sunday.

Disappointed they've got no properly big bands this year but what can you do you know? Festival republic like to f**k their customers.

People they could have tried to get to headline/play that would make the festival stand out from others:

REM

The Cure

Greenday

Sonic Youth

KISS

Animal Collective

Sigur Ros

M83

Wilco

The Flaming Lips

Pavement

Thats just my opinion anyway, this lineup is just boring. Swap The Cure or Greenday for MCR, have Animal Collective or M83, or Justice headlining NME instead of 2manyDJs/Streets, and stick Wilco in place of Friendly Fires and it already starts to look better.

Why? Because it's not to your tastes? The festival has changed. Alot of peoiple will be very happy ending their weekend with those three.

Personally I wouldn't be going to see Muse but it's undeniable they're a massive act with a great live reputation.

Muse's live reputation, for me (seen them twice), seems to be entirely based on people who are easily impressed by the "ooh look at the shiny light show" factor rather than the music itself, personally I find that run of bands dull, and it means the festival fizzles out rather than closing with a bang.

Muse's live reputation, for me (seen them twice), seems to be entirely based on people who are easily impressed by the "ooh look at the shiny light show" factor rather than the music itself, personally I find that run of bands dull, and it means the festival fizzles out rather than closing with a bang.

Where's all the money gone to?

Might be slightly naive - but if they work on a similar budget yearly...were this year's headliners paid the same as '09 and '10 in total (if we include Libertines as the top-paid for Saturday)?!

Because I wouldn't say the undercards any stronger than either of those years...

its weird , last night for the first time in yonks i decided to listen to some Janes Addiction, and was wondering if they'd be at Reading, either this year or in the future.

apart from that, shit line up as per usual, theres about 5 or 6 bands/people i'd see. ill get a cheap ticket a week before again like last year

There's quite a few inconsistency's with this "leak" that im not too sure about..

First of all, it seems to be WAYYY too many bands for a first announcement. I seem to remember like 5 main stage bands maybe and a couple of NME? Not the full main stage, NME, FR headliners AND the comedy acts.

The placing looks like a blind man has gone in and pulled all the bands out of a hat. JEW on the strokes day? BMTH above NFG?

Didn't Peter Doherty (Pete Doherty) hheadline the NME before?

Edited by Keva

Friday night is a massive dilemma for me personally, not a fan of MCR or Beady Eye. May have to give MCR a go. Definitely gonna have to see Deftones as well! Also White Lies and The Offspring.

Saturday i'd see Two Door Cinema Club, Madness :D and The Strokes. Probably gonna have a wonder around the FR stage on this day too.

Bit gutted about The Streets clashing with Elbow on the Sunday. Gonna definitely watch Elbow and then Muse. I cant complain with possibly my favourite band closing the festival.

I cant help but feel a bit underwhelmed with the main-stage especially throughout the day, Friendly Fires 4th on the main-stage is a weird one.

Sod it though. With a few mates, i'll still enjoy myself :D

Where's all the money gone to?

Might be slightly naive - but if they work on a similar budget yearly...were this year's headliners paid the same as '09 and '10 in total (if we include Libertines as the top-paid for Saturday)?!

Because I wouldn't say the undercards any stronger than either of those years...

There's quite a few inconsistency's with this "leak" that im not too sure about..

First of all, it seems to be WAYYY too many bands for a first announcement. I seem to remember like 5 main stage bands maybe and a couple of NME? Not the full main stage, NME, FR headliners AND the comedy acts.

The placing looks like a blind man has gone in and pulled all the bands out of a hat. JEW on the strokes day? BMTH above NFG?

Didn't Peter Doherty (Pete Doherty) hheadline the NME before?