The Deleted line up

Guest Englishdragon

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, the line-up isn't that bad, it has some really solid acts on the Main Stage, but 3 points:

1) As people have said it feels like a "recycled" line-up

yewah, I've noticed that too - mainly from the same people who've spent the last few weeks complaining at the possibility of a new headliner in MCR, and wanting RHCP/Green Day/another returning band instead. :lol::lol:

Neil, do u know who posted this cos Rockgeek via his Strictly Reading Twitter page has dropped a few hints, it may be him who created it you know! Especially if you look at his Flickr account that has pics of the whole thing as well as just half of it (bit weird). I'm just clutching at straws maybe

Neil, do u know who posted this cos Rockgeek via his Strictly Reading Twitter page has dropped a few hints, it may be him who created it you know! Especially if you look at his Flickr account that has pics of the whole thing as well as just half of it (bit weird). I'm just clutching at straws maybe

Muse's live reputation, for me (seen them twice), seems to be entirely based on people who are easily impressed by the "ooh look at the shiny light show" factor rather than the music itself, personally I find that run of bands dull, and it means the festival fizzles out rather than closing with a bang.

The Naked and Famous

Vaccines

Deftones

Bring me the Horizon (for the crazy crowd)

White Lies

I could pretty much stay at the main stage on the Strokes day, but wish Crystal Castle didn't clash every time I wanted to see them!

Enter Shikari

Friendly Fires

Elbow

as opposed to last year when I didn't get a ticket there were tonnes and tonnes of bands that I wanted to see. Hmmm

Should I swap my ticket for Bestival? :unsure:

Edited by Jackmypie

Day Ticket for Leeds Sunday for me :)

I really like the Strokes and hope they put on a great set, plus britpop legends Pulp and a bit of ska madness ;)

I've never been to a festival before though and wondered if

1) If i went to get something to eat after Seastick Steve, would i be able to get near the front again for the Head/Subs?

2) How long are Head/Sub Sets?

3) Are Day Tickets easier to get?

Still a few bands that I would see (again). Can imagine a lot of downtime at camp for most of the days except Sunday where we generally spend a bit more time in the arena for the hell of it & for Friendly Fires/Enter Shikari. Will take the boom box for a porta-rave if anyone wants to join me.

Day Ticket for Leeds Sunday for me :)

I really like the Strokes and hope they put on a great set, plus britpop legends Pulp and a bit of ska madness ;)

I've never been to a festival before though and wondered if

1) If i went to get something to eat after Seastick Steve, would i be able to get near the front again for the Head/Subs?

2) How long are Head/Sub Sets?

3) Are Day Tickets easier to get?

Midnight Beast headlining the Festival Republic stage is pretty bizarre.. 30 Seconds To Mars subbing is absolutely ridiculous! Friendly Fires 4th from top is weird.. (Perhaps they're bigger than I thought)

Pretty gutted about Jane's Addiction/Strokes clash!

Overall loads of bands i'd like to see.. But regardless of my tastes I think the line up lacks ideas and is actually worse than I expected (which wasn't great).

There are several things I find weird about the poster:

First of all, it's odd that for each day, the same number of bands are announced per stage (9 for each on main, 7 for NME)

Second, even though people are saying they may just be announcing more this year, I can't see why they'd announce all of Main stage in one go like that. Another thing is that one day should have less bands than another, meaning we're two bands short. I just can't see why they'd hold back two bands for another announcement unless they were highish up the bill.

And finally, I simply won't believe MCR/30STM are big enough to hold those slots which leaves me with hope that there is a shock headliner or at least a better sub!