So Pulp are doing Reading & Leeds then

Guest sweet and tender hooligan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Pulp are playing pretty much every festival under the sun (or rain) this summer.

Does this make it more or less likely that they'll do Glasto?

As for the person saying that everyone else is signing up bands that you want, but not Glasto... I think you should relax a little. There's plenty still to be announced. They haven't just saved up budget to splash on extra policing. The festival is as popular and profitable as ever, so they are sure to have some surprises up their sleeve.

I'm pretty sure there will be at least one surprise which pleases everyone.... :rolleyes:

I think I'm going for the day, didn't realise Strokes were on before Pulp that day.

Hmmmm, don't know if I prefer that or not. Probably do actually.

I will be going to see them in Glastonbury no matter what.

In fairness the only reason I'm going is as I know a mate in the area who I can stay at, plus got Strokes, Pulp, Madness, Two Door Cinema Club, Seasick Steve, The Kills, Everything Everything on one day, so I'll get my £90's worth.

Did the same last year for the Arcade Fire/The Libertines day, which also ended up having an undercard I really liked in comparison to the other days. B)

Guest blackcockerel

Don't get at me if this turns out to be wrong, but I've had info today claiming that they're doing a tour after the festivals, including a gig in Sheffield.

Still can't find out about Glasto though.

£92 is too much to justify going, I'd love to see Strokes but in a more intimate venue for a reasonable price. Pulp, I'm thinking and hoping will play Glasto, and I'm praying for Bombay Bicycle Club (went to Reading last year hoping they'd be announced as playing, they weren't, they announced a small show that we couldn't make and then we got tickets for the electric gig in December but we couldn't see them then either - dying to finally see them) The National and Odd Future. Some of the others (Madness and that's about it) I'd like to see at Glastonbury but I'm not too fussed about.

Edited by olliet101

For the first time since the reunion was announced, I'm starting to doubt Pulp will be at Glasto. I thought it was utterly nailed on, but the combination of the official announcements and the dates/fests Pulp are definitely playing, it does seem like a "smash and grab" money making exercise - which by definition wouldn't include a trip to Pilton.

If they don't do Glasto then the reunion is clearly just a payday. In which case, they will probably do it through gritted teeth and the performances will suffer for it.

For shame.

Just been on See Tickets and Leeds still hasnt sold out. Im just wondering how they can charge same as Glasto for a ticket.

Last time i went to leeds i felt 10 years too old and i was only 23. Full of 17 year old pissed kids. I can remember trying to watch the Horrors and get very angry with a group of teens in front of me.

Just been on See Tickets and Leeds still hasnt sold out. Im just wondering how they can charge same as Glasto for a ticket.

Last time i went to leeds i felt 10 years too old and i was only 23. Full of 17 year old pissed kids. I can remember trying to watch the Horrors and get very angry with a group of teens in front of me.

Guest blackcockerel

I would be really shocked if they solely took the money and weren't at Glasto in some shape or form. Jarvis is there every year! But I'll admit a bit of doubt crept in yesterday