2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

Come on you cant really believe that mumford and sons arent just better known than those 2 bands, they are far better knwon. Look at the records they have sold and the airplay they have had. If you had said they werent bigger than 30stm and paramore in the USA then thats a good debate but im pretty sure the last mumfords album has sold more in the us than any album by those 2 bands.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering bloc party have just announced a reform in september. melvin f**king loves them and kele last year was amazing. the headliners i reckon will be foos fighters friday coldplay saturday. bloc party headline sunday, their first gig after getting back together. pendulum, biffy, mumford and sons, frank turner, TDCC, shikari, the vaccines, noah and the whale, the king blues, glasvegas and lots lots more. glasvegas will headline NME one night. friendly fires will headline another night. either way leeds next year is gonna be unreal. there is no glasto and TITP, Oxegen etc and Isle of Wight will have no money left after this year because their line up's are so good.

I think they probably are Mumford and Sons = A 3*Platinum album

Paramore = 2 Gold, 1 Platinum album

30 STM = 2 Gold albums

Probably half the same people would have purchased the Paramore and 30 STM albums so Mumford are surely much more popular and well known!

Edited by Calzum

Buzz bands = radio play. Radio play = curiousity. Curiousity = check out the band casually. Check out the band casually = potentially dislike them. Spotify and Album sales are biast because not everyone who buys or listens likes.

My Prediction:

Eminem, The Killers, Iron Maiden

Marilyn Manson, Bloc Party, Avenged Sevenfold

Its wrong because I like all of those bands and that'd never happen.

Ide say these seem pmost likely for strong list of headliner choices for next year(especially with no glasto on)

Foo Fighters

Kasabian

Iron Maiden

The Beastie boys

AC/DC

Blur

system of a down

the darkness

greenday

korn

maybe less likely:

Elbow?(not the biggest headliner possible,but a good band who are good live)

Gorillaz?(would be great if the crowd were into them)

Daft Punk?

Prodigy?

The chemical brothers?

The cure?

Noel Gallagher?(nme headliner or 2nd headliner?)

I think next years overall line up will be a lot stronger as in being more generally popular and more original than usual with glastonbury having a fallow year,thats a massive line up of bands available all of a sudden,and this years slow ticket sales will make the bookers take a look at themselves and not get too much of a recycled unispired line up overall.

what are the chances of The Beastie Boys playing next year? I personally think they are a good shout and I would love to see them headline.

Their new stuff is good and they haven't played for a very long time. On the other hand are they still relevant for R/L, would they fit with the current demograpic? Would they headline or sub?

Any thoughts?

If they've pirated surely they are not very good fans? Why would Paramore and 30STM fans be more likely to pirate anyway?

To counter your theory in the UK on Spotify Mumford also higher placed(16th) compared to Paramore(62nd) and 30STM not end in the top 96 , at the current time which is all that really matters looks like they are.

Additionally on Last.FM last year so internationally Mumford also got more plays than 30STM and Paramore http://www.last.fm/bestof/2010/chart/2

Ide say these seem pmost likely for strong list of headliner choices for next year(especially with no glasto on)

Foo Fighters (likely)

Kasabian (likely)

Iron Maiden (maybe)

The Beastie boys (probably not)

AC/DC (doubt it)

Blur (doubt it, would love it)

system of a down (maybe)

the darkness (no!)

greenday (likely)

korn (no!)

maybe less likely:

Elbow?(won't headline next year)

Gorillaz?(doubt it)

Daft Punk? (doubt it)

Prodigy? (maybe)

The chemical brothers? (could sub)

The cure? (maybe)

Noel Gallagher?(wouldn't sub, won't headline NME)

For headliners and subs next year on the main stage, my dream would be:

Friday:

Libertines

Bloc Party

Saturday:

Suede

James

Sunday:

R.E.M.

Morrisey

Also across the weekend I'd love to see

Passion Pit