2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this stage i think Bloc Party and Foo Fighters are a safe bet.

In which case i can't see Blur playing, as i think the third headliner would likely be more alternative in the context of the other two, but who knows. I think Kasabian are more likely.

Blur

Bloc Party

Stereophonics

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Feeder

System of a down

Slipknot

Korn

Won't happen.

Anyone think somebody old school like KISS, ACDC or Iron Maiden could headline Reading + Leeds next year?, maybe with a more contemporary act of a similar genre underneath like Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine or Limp Bizkit? That would be my guess for the 'heavier' day.

Anyone think somebody old school like KISS, ACDC or Iron Maiden could headline Reading + Leeds next year?, maybe with a more contemporary act of a similar genre underneath like Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine or Limp Bizkit? That would be my guess for the 'heavier' day.

I'd like there to be at least 2 out of 3 main stage headliners to be British like this year. Last year we had all 3 Main Stage headliners foreign and 2 out of 3 NME headliners foreign, while none of them were bad I'd just prefer a little more support for British bands.

I'd like there to be at least 2 out of 3 main stage headliners to be British like this year. Last year we had all 3 Main Stage headliners foreign and 2 out of 3 NME headliners foreign, while none of them were bad I'd just prefer a little more support for British bands.

I really think that FR will go big next year. As I said earlier it's some sort of anniversary and I also think that this year can't have cost them much. It was probably done intentionally to get a smaller line up. It's great for me but a lot of people are unhappy.

I really think that FR will go big next year. As I said earlier it's some sort of anniversary and I also think that this year can't have cost them much. It was probably done intentionally to get a smaller line up. It's great for me but a lot of people are unhappy.

Wouldn't be that cheap as they have 4 headliner fees to pay instead of the usual 3 this year and they may have blown their load with having to overspend on Libertines last year.

I reckon it'll be business as usual next year apart from Foos bigging up Nirvana's anniversary.

Edited by Banana Co

These bands would not cost that much;

MCR

30STM

Strokes (They would have wanted to play anywhere)

Pulp (reunion but not exclusive)

The National

Elbow

Interpol

Much more.

Muse would have cost the most because they are exclusive. It's no where near as much as last year.

I've read quite alot about overspending in 2008, surely the festival makes a profit? Has anyone got figures on cost against profit? I would much rather have 3 average headliners and a stronger line-up overall, if they are going to spend big (which alot of people think will happen next year) would this not effect the following years line-up?

I can definately see foo fighters and bloc party being headliners next year and hope for beastie boys as the 3rd.