2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

Jay-Z

Kanye West

Bloc Party

Mumford and Sons

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Would be epic, jay-z and kanye may be a tad unrealistic but could happen and IMO would be awesome. Beastie Boys instead of Jay-Z and Kanye would make it more realistic I think. Bloc Party will come cheap and possibly mumford aswell unless they get into an exclusive bidding war with V then they should just let V have them. Foo fighters will be a big draw. I think pendulum will be back, maybe subbing or 3rd?

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like Pendulum but I can't see them playing next year. I think we'll get The Prodigy instead and Pendulum back to sub the following year following a new album.

I see too much headliners of who we'll get to see any chance of Jay-Z playing.

Surely the healiners are going to be 3 out of Linkin Park maybe, Kasabian, Bloc Party and Foo Fighters. Don't think it'll be anyone else. I kinda agree with someone else earlier ina forum about Green Day doing the same as Foo's (big outdoor shows with T headline show and then Reading the following year.

No, Prodigy headlined 1996. Rage were meant to headline (hence why the posters have it as Rage as headliners) but they decided to switch after the original announcement was made. This was when Prodigy had Fat Of The Land out and were the biggest act going at the time.

Either way it seems in the whole thing to put it simple.

RATM were on a reunion and it was a massive thing whoever got them and would blaits headline.

Blink 182 never headlined in their prime and it was huge to have them back so headlined.

SOAD have had their huge reunion and comeback at Download, I think headline at any of the fests would've been warranted. Now Im not sure. I wouldn't be against the idea mind. But with Bloc Party, Kasabian, Linkin Park and Foo Fighters around to play, Reading next year being the inevitable 1st choice for them, SOAD have nowhere to play IMO except for before Foo's if they did.

Still not convinced about Bloc Party as headliners. They're hardly coming off the back of a really long hiatus (will be 3 years between Reading appearances if they headline 2012,) and they weren't making a massive case for being big enough before their split. One of the main complaints of this years lineup seems to be that there's weak headliners and repeat bookings, something that Bloc Party wouldn't rectify, especially if Kasabian also headline, which many on here seem to be predicting. And there's no indication of whether new material will be out by then, and if it is, whether it'll be any good or have caught the attention of the masses.

I do like them, and I guess FR's recent desire to push newer acts up to headliners does work in their favour, as does the fact that FR obviously like them. Don't see it happening yet though. A well received new 4th album, and a headline slot in 2013 looks far more realistic to me.

Either way it seems in the whole thing to put it simple.

RATM were on a reunion and it was a massive thing whoever got them and would blaits headline.

Blink 182 never headlined in their prime and it was huge to have them back so headlined.

SOAD have had their huge reunion and comeback at Download, I think headline at any of the fests would've been warranted. Now Im not sure. I wouldn't be against the idea mind. But with Bloc Party, Kasabian, Linkin Park and Foo Fighters around to play, Reading next year being the inevitable 1st choice for them, SOAD have nowhere to play IMO except for before Foo's if they did.

Pixies headlined R&L after their comeback and theres still plenty of people who haven't seen them to warrant them playing as headliner as it's not as if they're doing a huge UK tour between now and then and even before they broke up they were headlining festivals. But why is Bloc Party a cert to headline and I can't see Linkin Park headlining again, where's that even coming from?

I think the thing is wether kasabian get announced or a clear indication that they'll headline T next year will amost give it away probs that they'll geadline R+L. Surely they'll share a headliner next year? I know they didn't as such this year but most of the time generally.

I think the thing is wether kasabian get announced or a clear indication that they'll headline T next year will amost give it away probs that they'll geadline R+L. Surely they'll share a headliner next year? I know they didn't as such this year but most of the time generally.

I know its not a guarantee but surely more chance with Glasto not on next year that Reading will end up sharing one? Or maybe I'm getting it wrong.

Either way, I reckon Green Day, Linkin Park, SOAD and probs Eminem are not going to play next year.

Why would there be more chance of TITP & R&L sharing headliners if Glasto isn't on? It'll be less likely (if anything) as there would be more headlining able bands to go around the fests with 1 less fest but it depends on what the bands are doing next year.

FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Pendulum

No Doubt

Rancid

Less Than Jake

Billy Talent

Streetlight Manifesto

Cancer Bats

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE