2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about The Killers? Yeah I know, it wouldn't be the most exciting of bookings but they should have a new album out next year which means they should be doing UK fests and they've done V and TITP to death already. If their '08 performance is anything to go by they'll be a big draw as well.

I could think of better bands to headline but I feel they should be taken into consideration.

Oh right, I strongly associate their name with blandness so no surprise that I can't remember them being mentioned much :lol:

How about Jay Z? Looked amazing at TITP, IOW and, of course, Glasto. He's been booked before (albeit he pulled out) but he'd go down well I think.

this is annoying though, i saw Coldplay at glasto this year and was blown away. It could have been because me and my mates were all f**ked out of our heads but it literally brought a tear to me and gave me goosebumbs, truly best performance from the last decade! in my opinion anyways :D

I get the impression R&L try and stick to 'cool' bands, despite what genre it is. Coldplay might go down well, but it has the chance of taking the fest in a different direction, which isn't necessarily a good thing. Would definitely prefer to see Jay-Z and Kanye though. Jay-Z was phenominal at T last year and by the sounds of it Kanye was great at Coachella.

RHCP will probably play Soni next year or Download so i think that'll rule out them for R&L.

I would love to see A7X be giving a go at headlining but ain't gonna happen.

I'll go for Foo Fighters, Killers and Linkin Park/Jay-Z (although unlikely, but would be freakin awesome)

@Clarkey789

Alright prediction, I'd say next year would be more likely than any for FR to book a hip-hop act as the headliner seeing as they're obviously going to be having a massive rethink due to the poor ticket sales this year.

Don't know if Franz would be back next year or if itd be a bit weird them playing under Bloc Party.

Can't really see Weezer being back so soon in the exact same slot (although it would be possible)

Dunno if Kanye would be happy as a "special guest", maybe him and Jay-Z could do a headlining set as "The Throne", although I guess that isn't really a big enough name to top the bill.

I'd say The Prodigy would headline were they to come back next year.

Also, Friday's undercard is way too weak.