2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The song is everywhere, from wiki...

The song "Sweet Disposition" was featured in the teaser trailer for (500) Days of Summer, appears in the movie itself and is on the movie's official soundtrack. The song was featured on the Australian TV series Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities, the Season 2 finale of Greek, in the episode "You Know I Love You, Don't You" in the seventh season of One Tree Hill, and on UK teen drama Skins, in the second episode of the fourth season, the season 2 episode "Unmasked" of 90210, and ABC's The Deep End, as well as in the UK's Big Brother 10 finale night "best bits", the song also appeared on the Season 4, Episode 2 of UK's Secret Diary of a Call Girl. "Sweet Disposition" was also performed by Martin Finn, a severely autistic young man in BBC Three's "Autistic Superstars" in April 2010. This song, "Sweet Disposition" is also appeared in "Earth Hour 2011" teaser. "Sweet Disposition" is featured in the game PES 2011

"Sweet Disposition" was used in a TV ad for Chrysler and Diet Coke in 2010 and for Center Parcs in 2011, "At World's End". The song also features in a commercial for Sky Sports football featuring José Mourinho for Sky Sports HD in the UK, in the commercial for Channel 4's coverage of the V Festival on 4Music, in the commercial for Peugeot 3008 in Scandinavia, and was also used on Sky's cricket coverage for an end of international season video, as well as the promo for the AFL Grand Final on Channel Ten in Australia. In Ireland, the telecommunication company O2 have used the song as part of their recent advertising campaign. The song is featured in a Rhapsody Music commercial, remixed by Axwell and Dirty South, and was also used in a Diet Coke commercial. It has also been used in Television New Zealand (TVNZ) upcoming programme promotions for the year 2010. And recently[when?] it also been used in Toyota Yaris TV commercial in Indonesia. It was also used in a 2010 Lifetime advertisement and a TV spot for the film Eat, Pray, Love. It was also used in a commercial for TV5, promoting their Philippine coverage of the Earth Hour 2011.

Just been watching this video of MB backstage at Reading;

Says there are a number of acts already confirmed and signed, none booked in the light of Glasto not happening which I take to mean no Beyonce type acts etc..

Worth a watch if you have a spare 5 minutes.

Just been watching this video of MB backstage at Reading;

Says there are a number of acts already confirmed and signed, none booked in the light of Glasto not happening which I take to mean no Beyonce type acts etc..

Worth a watch if you have a spare 5 minutes.

Yeah I remember listening to it the day it came out. Everyone was ripping it to shreds because of his claims about the lineup.

In hindsight most of the criticism revolved around MCR and they did a brilliant job as headliner, but referring to my previous comment I don't think they will have been payed as much as GnR, Blink and definately not as much as The Libs (who got a shit tonne).

You're right though thinking about it now the rumour did come off the back of that interview and nothing more, could have been that he'd been on the phone to them five minutes before and they had told him "f*ck off I'm never playing your festival again!" :D .

Didn't Neil say once that he'd heard they would never play RnL again but he wouldn't say why?

Prediction (for you to decide if realistic):

Reading Fri:

Main

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Avenged Sevenfold

Lostprophets

You Me At Six

The Blackout

Less Than Jake

Killswitch Engage

Twin Atlantic

R1/NME

Foals

Band of Horses

Bon Iver

Delphic

Mona

Reading Sat:

Main

Daft Punk (will continue to wish until actual line-up is announced)

The Prodigy

Mumford & Sons

The Maccabees

Jamie T

Kids In Glass Houses

The Wombats

The Futureheads

Viva Brother

R1/NME

Feeder

All Time Low

A Day To Remember

The Joy Formidable

Sleigh Bells

Reading Sun:

Main

Kasabian (Co-headline)

Bloc Party (Co-headline)

Florence + The Machine

The XX

Bombay Bicycle Club

Vaccines

The Subways

Young Knives

Frankie & The Heartstrings

R1/NME

Chase & Status

Justice

Magnetic Man

The Drums

Darwin Deez

What a terrible Saturday (after the top 2).

Daft Punk/The Prodigy and Chase & Status/Justice I just don't see - it isn't a dance festival and neither sound at all similar - it'd be one or the other of each pair, not both back to back.

I think that 'tradition' is more down to FR being unable to book a big enough (and reliable enough in Guns N' Roses case) heavy headliner to close the festival like they used to - I mean, the heavier Friday in 2010 had Kings of Leon headlining!

System Of A Down

Slipknot

Bullet For My Valentine

No Doubt

Rancid

Sum 41

Gallows

Four Year Strong

letlive.

Cancer Bats

Dizzee Rascal

Chase and Status