2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

guys, i'm gonna be honest. bloc party will headline next year.

they've been on hiatus since 2009, (that s 3 years next years for any trolls)

very big popular Indi band with plenty of chart success and album sales

Nme, being a main sponsor and promoter of the festival are also very keen on them, they will also give a lot of coverage to the new album, boosting sales.

Bare in mind this band got anyway with sub-headling two years in a row, coz they're that popular.

Edited by gazza_20

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloc Party, Kasabian and Foo Fighters for 2012 headliners then?

What a surprising set of headliners that you just won't be able to see at any other festival in the country. I bet Snow Patrol will sub one of the days, just to throw a spanner in the works :P:lol:

Nah, but in all seriousness. Still not convinced by Bloc Party as a headliners, they could still sub to Kasabian. I think FR will look at having two heavy days again. Like this year's line-up was reminiscent of 2009's, I can see next year's being similar to 2010. Although they could do what they did with the "heavy day" in 2009 and have the day close with two Indie bands for one of the two heavier days. But still, I think it's going to be Foos, Kasabian and then between SOAD, Jay-Z, Biffy and Linkin Park for that 3rd headline slot.

Bloc Party, Kasabian and Foo Fighters for 2012 headliners then?

What a surprising set of headliners that you just won't be able to see at any other festival in the country. I bet Snow Patrol will sub one of the days, just to throw a spanner in the works :P:lol:

Nah, but in all seriousness. Still not convinced by Bloc Party as a headliners, they could still sub to Kasabian. I think FR will look at having two heavy days again. Like this year's line-up was reminiscent of 2009's, I can see next year's being similar to 2010. Although they could do what they did with the "heavy day" in 2009 and have the day close with two Indie bands for one of the two heavier days. But still, I think it's going to be Foos, Kasabian and then between SOAD, Jay-Z, Biffy and Linkin Park for that 3rd headline slot.

I think you don't want to admit Bloc Party to be honest dude. The point is they don't need to be surprising set of headliners, they need to be ticket selling headliner sand they are. Who else could realistically do it for the aimed at crowd at R+L these days with the majority seeing it as their 1st holidya break away after leaving school or sixth form lol.

What draw do Bloc Party have? When they get back together, they're going to tour. That is a given. It's also unlikely that their tickets will cost more than £30. For that reason alone I don't see Bloc Party as a 'ticket selling headliner'.

(I'm not saying that Bloc Party won't headline, I'm saying that they're not a ticket selling headliner and that your argument is flawed.)

was never a fan(except flux and banquet), and in 2009 they were gettign a huge slagging of on here.

but like gazza said the crowd was huge(leeds) and the crowd went nuts which was a bit of a shock to me not being to a bloc party gig or seing them at a festival.

and I must admit they were very good and can see them headlining.

Yeah, I've seen them at R&L three years on the trot, as have a lot of people. They're a popular band and people will enjoy watching them, I just don't think anybody who didn't buy a ticket this year because of the line up is going to turn around and say, 'you know what, Bloc Party are at Reading this year, we should go'.

Edited by gazza_20

Dude, seriously, are you doing this for reaction now? If so your going to get it anyway.

The Killers I doubt - 2013 much more likely but hold hands up should I be wrong and they seem a lot more V Fest now., The Courteeners 3rd?, did this even happen at V Fest?, House Of Pain - whoever wanted to see them has now and IMO it wasn't great, Foals - said they ARE NOT playing outdoor shows again, Chase and Status won't sub NME, would have to headline, Ed Sheeran is too far down for how big he'll be by next year.

B eice if people actually put some proper realistic guesses on here.

I think orpheous did ok but if you hear ash in a club, on the radio or on tv its probably not the song you would hear. When I think of ash theres many songs i would think of before that 1. Im not sure why their populairty declined as evidenced when twilight of the innocents flopped. Im not sure it was down to charlotte leaving, more down to the media moving on to newer bands. When I think about other bands who found fame on the late 90s eg ocean colour scene, bluetones, gomez, embrace etc most have fallen off the radar as well.

Bloc Party

The Prodigy

The Raconteurs

Jane's Addiction

Kasabian

Mumford (if we want them over V)

Vampire Weekend

Noel Gallagher

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Placebo

Incubus (if not at Download)

I see somrthing like this, can't be bothered with more than top 4. I think Soni will grab B4MV as not been there since the 1st year in 09 and more their type of festival crowd

Edited by gazza_20