2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way will Linkin Park drop down from headlining. Their last tour was selling out big arenas, multiple nights at some I think, and A Thousand Suns was still successful despite the change in sound. According to last.fm, they're currently the eleventh most-listened-to band in the world (http://www.last.fm/charts/artist) - hardly lacking popularity, demand or relevance.

The only reason I've taken them off my prediction is because I think they've pretty much finished touring A Thousand Suns and are starting work on their next album soon, apparently.

I wouldn't completely rule Blur out. If they are going to do any dates then it'll be R&L or Isle Of White. I would say it's unlikely we'll see them next year but definately not impossible. Having them and Foos would give the organisers the chance to perhaps put a new headliner in place like Bloc Party and no one could complain it's a weak line up.

I wouldn't completely rule Blur out. If they are going to do any dates then it'll be R&L or Isle Of White. I would say it's unlikely we'll see them next year but definately not impossible. Having them and Foos would give the organisers the chance to perhaps put a new headliner in place like Bloc Party and no one could complain it's a weak line up.

Bit previous but hey, I'd probably just about go for that year but next year is my last for at least a year, and I could miss that, even if Blur played. Going to try Creamfields.

But Paramore and Pendulum probs is about right, although Pendulum might be headline status by then. TDCC could probs headline easily NME by then.

Not sure about Iggy at Reading now. I think top 3 sunday could be Metallica, SOAD, Slipknot - but a bit longer than usual for SOAD and Knot maybe?

But I don't think. Pendulum, The Killers, Metallica is a bad shout that year.

Edited by Dan R

Very unrealistic and never going to happen, but I think this would be amazing, it's my first post so don't be too harsh ;)

Fri (Reading)

Foo Fighters

Soundgarden (I'd prefer Biffy or QOTSA, but feel this would be a more inspired booking)

Iggy And The Stooges

Incubus

The Gaslight Anthem

Sat (Reading):

Blur

Bloc Party

Editors

Razorlight

We Are Scientists

Sun (Reading):

Kanye West

Beastie Boys

Tinie Tempah

White Lies

Very unrealistic and never going to happen, but I think this would be amazing, it's my first post so don't be too harsh ;)

Fri (Reading)

Foo Fighters

Soundgarden (I'd prefer Biffy or QOTSA, but feel this would be a more inspired booking)

Iggy And The Stooges

Incubus

The Gaslight Anthem

Sat (Reading):

Blur

Bloc Party

Editors

Razorlight

We Are Scientists

Sun (Reading):

Kanye West

Beastie Boys