2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

There is a distinct difference between keese and 99% of the bullshit rumours and leaks that appear on here (a lot of which seem to be coming from you), the fact that keese got the jump on efests once does not mean that all other leaks have to be taken seriously.

The fact that keese beat efests is irrelevant in itself, I only brought it up as it's an example of efests taking something and confirming it to show that, whether they come up with it first or not, an efests confirmation is as good as it's going to get.

Keese is absolutely not proof that efests can be wrong and that all rumours and leaks, even if efests say they're bollocks, should be considered.

Edited by mrtourette

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a distinct difference between keese and 99% of the bullshit rumours and leaks that appear on here (a lot of which seem to be coming from you), the fact that keese got the jump on efests once does not mean that all other leaks have to be taken seriously.

The fact that keese beat efests is irrelevant in itself, I only brought it up as it's an example of efests taking something and confirming it to show that, whether they come up with it first or not, an efests confirmation is as good as it's going to get.

Keese is absolutely not proof that efests can be wrong and that all rumours and leaks, even if efests say they're bollocks, should be considered.

I was watching Sky News the other day and they were interviewing Dave Rowntree from Blur about EMI being sold and how it would impact the band. Anyway, towards the end of the interview, the presenter asked him if Blur had any plans for next year. He replied along the lines of 'we are hoping to make some announcements soon, but things always change so i can't tell you at the moment'

Might not be anything, but you never know!

I was watching Sky News the other day and they were interviewing Dave Rowntree from Blur about EMI being sold and how it would impact the band. Anyway, towards the end of the interview, the presenter asked him if Blur had any plans for next year. He replied along the lines of 'we are hoping to make some announcements soon, but things always change so i can't tell you at the moment'

Might not be anything, but you never know!

Ticket sales would be extremely healthy if Blur where announced. Reading isn't that far from London & has decent enough transport links being near the train station to attract some of the older & no-festi types with day tickets.

Not sure if I've mentioned before (long thread) but I expect to see...

Chase & Status Live (NME)

Magnetic Man (NME)

Modestep (FR/Dance)

& these if SW4/Creamfields don't nab them for Dance....

Skrillex

Feed Me

Knife Party

Keese came in last year with his 3 before efestivals did and that's when efestivals started debating what they'd heard etc. They both had 1 wrong in their group, but efests hadn't got a clue on Gun's and Roses as far as I'm aware so although efests is good and all that, they do get it wrong or at the very rare time not even hear them.

what you mean is that efests got things 100% right and Keese did not. That's the truth of things. :rolleyes:

Keese clearly has an inside line, but it's one that's only as good as the bands his source knows.

And that was for two fests ago; efests got last year's headliners right last December, without any sign of Keese.

So that's the last two years that efests has been 100% right about the headliners, while Keese has posted just two of seven bands in that time.

no one disputed any of that. any rumors on reading efests page are just that until confirmed. last year at least keese got his in before efests had anyone actually confirmed. might've said who he believed was but that's all so tone yourself down over there eh

100% incorrect.

We'd named two of the headliners months and months before Keese was heard of, and made clear we were unsure of the third.

Not true, My point is Keese brought out Guns and Roses, Virtual Festivals even did. Efest had no clue about it, whereas Keese heard something different to efests, which as I've said, i don't discredit one more than the other.

He was 100% on two of them just as Efests was. Efests don't confirm till march either totally and a TBC as we've seen before doesn't guarantee it

So what's your point?

What's "not true" is your revisionism. :rolleyes:

Where efests has named the headliners for the last 2 festivals (and perhaps longer, I forget), efests has been 100% right with what we've stated. Keese has named a wrong band, and named nothing at all for the year just gone (and we'd had the headliners right for 4 months whern they were announced).

It's bloody not, you've just said that efests had to look into it to get info on Guns n Roses that Keese had.

That's correct. But within a veryt short time we'd confirmed they were correct.

But we also confirmed (3 months before he was seen) that a band Keese said was headlining wasn't headlining when he insisted he was right. Guess which of us was right?

Our rumours can never be perfect, and nor can anyone else's. That's the nature of rumours.

But history gets to show that efests gets things right massively more than other places do. Even Keese.

Yeah I was going to say the same thing, I only remember them getting Arcade Fire & Libs the wrong way round but apart from that they are pretty good.

I'm not sure on Prodigy though, they have been subs/2nd stage headliners for so long I can't see them being bumped unless they are subs and there's another headliner.

I'm pretty sure that Gigwise have a good record with sources though I will await Neil and Scott saying it is very likely before taking it as true!

nah, their record is really poor with this sort of thing, especially this far from an announcement.

That doesn't mean I'm saying they're wrong this time - they might be right, I don't know anything different - but if they are right then it'd be the weakest and safest line-up that Reading/Leeds has had for years, and it'd mark the start of Reading's death in my eyes.

As for Green Day playing, I've been led to believe that they've got no interest in ever playing again, but it's quite possible that what I heard (a few years back now) was wrong, or that their opinion on things has changed.

We'll get to find out if it's right or wrong sooner or later, but my intuitive guess (and it's just a guess) is that it's wrong.

Edited by eFestivals

nah, their record is really poor with this sort of thing, especially this far from an announcement.

That doesn't mean I'm saying they're wrong this time - they might be right, I don't know anything different - but if they are right then it'd be the weakest and safest line-up that Reading/Leeds has had for years, and it'd mark the start of Reading's death in my eyes.

As for Green Day playing, I've been led to believe that they've got no interest in ever playing again, but it's quite possible that what I heard (a few years back now) was wrong, or that their opinion on things has changed.

We'll get to find out if it's right or wrong sooner or later, but my intuitive guess (and it's just a guess) is that it's wrong.

I agree festivals shoudl try new headliners, but with this year not being a success, Benn may want to just play it safe.

yup, he might do, tho I credit Melvin with being more switched on than to do something like that.

He'd be boxing himself into a corner and leave the fest with few places to go in the future other than to keep repeating bands who've headlined before.

Although it would be of no interest to me really, it's undeniable that they would be a strong set of headliners and would definately sell tickets. I would think they'd perhaps put someone like Biffy or Bloc Party with The Prodigy subbing to try and keep the line up more relevant. Add in three strong NME headliners (probably acts that appeal to the late teen/early 20s market like Chase And Status) and you have yourself a strong line up with broad appeal.

Given the crowd Reading is catering to, and the lack of 'big' NME style success in the last couple of years, it's hard to see who they could get instead though. Mumford and Sons maybe? Florence?

while there's a defo shortage of newer bands who are big enough to headline, I'm sure Melvin can do much better than three ageing bands to entertain a bunch of 16 to 18 year olds.

See this is it, say they do have The Foos and Green day, two massive acts who will nearly definately cause the festival to sell out. This means they have the luxury of throwing in an up and comer headliner in with them. It's a win win for the festival, they sell all the tickets and also keep their credibility of giving newer acts a chance and taking a gamble on them to headline. That's why I don't think The Prodigy will headline if the other two are correct.

I'd say that Prodigy are much more likely than Green Day, but aside from that you've pretty much nailed how I'm thinking.

If Reading/Leeds don't get a line-up that'll interest its younger attendees, then it's not going to have those younger attendees snapping up tickets as their 'rite of passage' - and if it loses that part of its clientèle then it's a festival that stands a big chance of falling away very quickly in its attraction to audiences.

Which is why I find it hard to believe that those three acts are its headliners. Melvin needs to sell tickets - but not only for next year, but beyond that too. I don't think he's daft enough to ensure the sales of one year but at the expense of following years. I reckon him booking MCR last year showed that he's more forward looking than R/L's older attendees are.