2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gap was meaning with them and download festival dude! we were talking download in the same convo so. I meantioned Reading in the part where they could choose between them and Download so what I have said it valid. And yes I am as I believe it has a very good chance of happening. Only thing is you have Metallica, Slipknot and SOAD who could all take that spot. For me, the heaviest one being vocal and lyric wise being Slipknot will play Download over R&L.

Metallica must be due a break after Download surely to god?

Slipknot would be an excellent booking and would bring the "metal" side back to the festival, which most people say is missing.

But what i don't get is, some people say they want new headliners to the festival, yet mention the same old same old and when new ones are talked about, they are sceptical, which is fine but where is the risk factor anymore?

SOAD

Slipknot

Placebo

Kasabian

Bloc Party

Dizzee Rascal

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Pixies

I would be there and waiting if that was the line-up! Highly doubt that Slipknot will sub, or even Co-Headline with System of a Down. I would love that to happen but it just isnt!

I just think that Kasabian and Foo Fighters and Nailed on...and the third headliner will be some sort of disapointment again in the wake of MCR

SOAD

Slipknot

Placebo

Kasabian

Bloc Party

Dizzee Rascal

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Pixies

I would be there and waiting if that was the line-up! Highly doubt that Slipknot will sub, or even Co-Headline with System of a Down. I would love that to happen but it just isnt!

I just think that Kasabian and Foo Fighters and Nailed on...and the third headliner will be some sort of disapointment again in the wake of MCR

PJ probably probably fall into that "are they as relevant as the last time they headlined?" category. They certainly aren't as popular with the youngsters as Green Day or Foos.

Also I hope they don't headline as I'd much rather have Soundgarden playing.

What about the Killers??

Now I thought they would play IOW but John Giddings has said no. V festival is another option but everyone seems to think its The Stone Roses and Coldplay. I suppose the could do T but if they do I would have thought they would have done something down south too?

The only thing going against The Killers is that they headlined in 2008 and thus haven't been away long enough for those that subscribe to the "can't headline again until 5 years later" rule that may or may not exist (before some smartarse points it out we all know that Foos headline in 2002 and 2005).

But they're recording a new album so should be headlining somewhere next Summer.

The only thing going against The Killers is that they headlined in 2008 and thus haven't been away long enough for those that subscribe to the "can't headline again until 5 years later" rule that may or may not exist (before some smartarse points it out we all know that Foos headline in 2002 and 2005).

But they're recording a new album so should be headlining somewhere next Summer.

Edited by jump

Reckon we could see Noel Gallagher TBH, he announcded yesterday his UK tour was to resume on 04th september, a week after Reading + Leeds. would he headline though? he's selling out Arenas and he's plastered all over NME, i think he would.

UK / Ireland Tour 2012

Edinburgh, Edinburgh Castle

UK / Ireland Tour 2012

Bournemouth , BIC

UK / Ireland Tour 2012

Liverpool, Echo Arena

UK / Ireland Tour 2012

Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena

UK / Ireland Tour 2012

Nottingham, Capital FM Arena