MYHAB

Guest lizzygoespunk

So would I be right in saying that we can ask Myhab for a full refund (not that we will ever likely receive anything), as they have paid Glastonbury naff all and still use the facilities as our original bookings are being honoured?

Could be a win win situation? Though the guilt in me would suggest that if I ever receive a refund a nice donation to a suggested charity might be in order.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lady said the security falls under Glastonbury every year, not Myhab or GTC, so it will be the same as every other year.

The part you are picking up on in regards to Thursday night is for us late arrivers, there needs to be a rep on site to allocate our tents, this is what I am referring to.

Planning to get there around 3ish on Wednesday so any info posted will be really appreciated! Will pack own tent as contingency, payed for a tent not a pod but good to hear air beds etc being supplied for those that booked the pods! Sound that the gtc are really going some to rectify this so as has been said before a massive Thanks in advance and a few drinks for this last minute rescue, not sounding too bad

Up early, been lying in bed thinking about all this.

Feel very let down, but need to make the best of it. I am going to take my own tent just in case it is needed, but it sounds like GTC have got a grip on things. I am not worried about Security because as has been stated that will be festival controlled and there anyway. Its the facilities that are the real issue.

Unfortunately, I made my booking with a debit card and have little chance of getting my money back

:angry:

Not happy. I wouldn;t have had a clue about this if I didn't check efestivals this morning. It wasn't fun telling my wife who is already nervous about her first Glastonbury that a pampering tent is looking pretty unlikely and we should be grateful if we get a tent and some showers!

I need to speak to GTC later, but we don't have a spare tentto take as a contingency and I don't want to have to buy one if I can help it. Is it naive to turn up without a tent? Worst case, can you buy tents at Glastonbury and camp inside the perimeter? We have friend in the normal campsites anyway...

I can't remember if I booked this on my credit card. If I did, can I get my money back?

Edit: Jsut checked my statements. I booked it by debit card :(

Edited by robsmith82

Ha ha, I was one of the mugs who lined their pockets for the drinks vouchers too ;P...and this is my second attempt to book accomodation in as many months, first festival village, now this. After last night's initial frustration, with this being my first glasto too, trying to just go with the flow now...I'm not sure if we have to wait until they go in to liquidation before getting a refund...from my first experience, if you paid by credit card, it's a lot easier (although I'm still waiting for them to process, it should be sorted in the next few days)...but I think it's something to do with Section 75 if you paid by debit card but like I say, not sure if they have to be in liquidation although a quick check last night showed that Myhab filed their accounts I think June 13th with no indication of this so I guess it's watch this space for us all.

Am sure the excitement will resume after the last day of work today when we start packing tonight....have an awesome time people xx

:angry:

Not happy. I wouldn;t have had a clue about this if I didn't check efestivals this morning. It wasn't fun telling my wife who is already nervous about her first Glastonbury that a pampering tent is looking pretty unlikely and we should be grateful if we get a tent and some showers!

I need to speak to GTC later, but we don't have a spare tentto take as a contingency and I don't want to have to buy one if I can help it. Is it naive to turn up without a tent? Worst case, can you buy tents at Glastonbury and camp inside the perimeter? We have friend in the normal campsites anyway...

I can't remember if I booked this on my credit card. If I did, can I get my money back?

this is our 1st glasto.

was gutted last night, but, they have come to the rescue, they are supplying toilets, security, showers, catering, bar, (dont know about the pampering tent) so stay positive, it could have gone far worse and left us with nothing.

we are not taking another tent, the way i see it, is, if its bloody windy or tipping it down, i have a car on my doorstep which will take on any weather.

if you wanted to get another tent, i think you can get them onsite, and you have paid your money so you can stay inside the fence.

i think re credit card, you need to speak with your cc company.

I think technically, you wouldn't be able to sleep on site because Mr Eavis will only have a licence for a certain amount of people to camp within the perimeter. Of course no-one would stop you but legally I'm sure this is one of the reasons that ME is being so amazing. Seeing as they advertised them on their site they probably feel a bit responsible so this just proves that ME is a top bloke, coz if this was V or somewhere else we woould probably be told that we can't stay.

If you're worried about the pampering tent not being available I can recommend 1 thing...pop down to Maplin and buy a a travel hairdryer and DC converter for about £40. This allows you to plug in your haridryer off your car lighter socket. Bring a small mirror and you're well away.

I'll be getting there early tomorrow so I'll try and let you know what it's like

if i can get anything back i will be reimbursing ME for whatever his loss is for helping us out.

if you do that, that would be fantastic. I urge everyone else to do the same.

Cos the money Eavis is using to sort out the myhab issue will ultimately be at the expense of the good causes that get to benefit from Glastonbury - money can't be magic'd out of the air.

If anybody has any luck with getting a refund please post on here how they went about it.

Any potential refund I get will be going straight to one of Glasto's charities. In the aftermath they might post something up suggesting which chairities the money should be donated too. Top organisation to sort it out even though they have no official obligation.

Feel sorry for the people who booked the myhabs and will be getting a tent instead. The tents that they are providing are bigger than the 2 man ones we had year and the porch will come in handy for yer wellies. Last years tents didn't have these, so it is not all doom and gloom.

Didn't get any of the drinks vouchers as never set foot in the chill out area/bar last year - too much to see and do on site. Although might be a good place to get a seat if the weather is bad - but even the forecasts seem to be getting better.

So lets get there and have a great time.

p.s I'm planning on getting there before midday tomorrow, so will try to get on here to post something re: facilities.

Up early, been lying in bed thinking about all this.

Feel very let down, but need to make the best of it. I am going to take my own tent just in case it is needed, but it sounds like GTC have got a grip on things. I am not worried about Security because as has been stated that will be festival controlled and there anyway. Its the facilities that are the real issue.

Unfortunately, I made my booking with a debit card and have little chance of getting my money back

Hi Everyone, thanks for all this info you've found its really useful. I will be getting there thursday afternoon so any updates posted on here or twitter would be much appreciated.

Fortunately I booked on a credit card, if anyone has any idea how to seek a refund please coould they provide info how to do it?

I stayed in a myhab last year and it was great, but went for a tent this time, really disappointed obviously. A lot of people mentioning a 'pampering tent', which was just basically a portakabin with a few mirrors and plug sockets, but I'm much more concerned that the toilets and showers will be of similar quality to last year. I'd been thinking for a few weeks they were acting dodgy, not replying to emails etc. and the drinks voucher thing reeked of a scam.

This is a massive chance for Green Tent to make a name for themselves at the biggest festival in the world, if i was them I'd be determined to make it a good one!

At first I was a bit shocked when I heard about the whole Myhab withdrawal.

But now it has sunk in I have got serious admiration for Michael Eavis and Glasto for stepping in like this.

In the unlikely scenario we get a refund from Myhab we'll be donating to a Glasto charity. In fact even if we don't get a refund I think we'll make some form of contribution.

It's pretty cool that in such a money obsessed time we still see amazing altruism like this.

As with previous posts if we have any joy with getting some money back we'll post it on this forum.

I know with the Myhab tents they said we could take them away at the end of the festival. Not sure what the arrangements are with these tents but I'd rather donate mine to charity. If they don't have a facility to donate the tents on site and we can take them away, I'll pack mine up and sell it on ebay with the profits going to one of the Glastonbury charities.

Edited by Shimmy

Right I've spoken to green tent company and they seem brilliant. We will get a 3 man tent which is guaranteed and will be bigger than the one we would have had. There are flushing toilets and "really nice showers" which were the woman's exact words. Also security and parking a normal. Only thing they don't have is the pampering tent but they are trying to get a portakabin with some power sockets. I feel loads better now, Michael Eavis saved the day! If we do get any money back and we are happy with the site it's all going to a Glasto charity.

had a response to an email i sent to myhab last night...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for the email.

We have noted your questions and queries. At this moment in time we cannot comment. We WILL endevour to answer them as soon as possible.

Myhab LTD - 21 June 2011.

perhaps some hope that we are nto going to be totally ignored :unsure: