Special Guest

Guest Poleski

I don't think it will be anyone big unfortunately cause if it was, they would be announcing it to sell tickets...or maybe the person can't be advertised for contractual reasons or something? I remember waiting about for ages outside the Soulwax tent on Sunday to see who the 'Special Guest' was and speaking to a security guard who thought it was Justice, but he said even they didnt know. Lots of excitement, then it turned out just to be Andy Mac :huh: Wasn't too bothered though as I did want to see the Strokes.

I actually heard from a guy ages ago that Adam Beyer was meant to be playing, this was a couple of weeks before the big announcement. I saw no reason why the guy would lie to me and I honestly believe that he believed what he heard from a really good source at the time.

I don't really see it happening tbh, but if it did it would be cool.

Edited by theampersanddevil

I don't think it will be anyone big unfortunately cause if it was, they would be announcing it to sell tickets...or maybe the person can't be advertised for contractual reasons or something? I remember waiting about for ages outside the Soulwax tent on Sunday to see who the 'Special Guest' was and speaking to a security guard who thought it was Justice, but he said even they didnt know. Lots of excitement, then it turned out just to be Andy Mac :huh: Wasn't too bothered though as I did want to see the Strokes.

To be fair, this year is great for techno/ minimal fans.

I should really see what the line up feedback is on the slamboards... haha

I'm not really personally a fan of all that but i'll defo be seeing magda.

I also don't mind the likes of Raresh, Modeselektor, Matthew Dear, Jamie XX, Alex Under, Derrick Carter, Andrew Weatherall, DJ Shadow and obviously The Chems are a big deal for everyone.

Why, when the event is far from sold out, would the organisers keep a 'big name' hidden as a special guest?!

Those who think the Special Guest will be anybody of the size/pull of Deadmau5 are deluded beyond belief

I was being facetious.

He has totally dropped off the face of the earth though. I mean, to come out with an album as good as Destroy Rock & Roll and be as popular and sought-after as he was, to just disappearing seemed a little weird to me. :blink: