Arcadia Afterburner

Guest SilverLining

Planning on heading to the arcadia afterburner on the friday night to see erol alkan but whats the dealio with the timing. when does it open and when does it close? and will he come on at the same time as the other acts. heard from people about it getting closed off last year so just hoping to get in there as it's apparently the highlight of the fest. any help? cheers.

I spent most of my time at the Afterburner last year - it's awesome and the music was right up my street as it is again this year.

The full weekend is the Soma Records 20th birthday bash. From slamevents forum:-

'Our stage will be the first stage to run until 3am on Friday and Saturday nights.

SOMA Quality Recordings

20 YEARS [1991 * 2011]

This will be the biggest birthday party in Rockness history!

Friday June 10 OPEN UNTIL 3am

Erol Alkan

Paul Ritch(live)

Heidi

Ewan Pearson

Saturday June 11 OPEN UNTIL 3am

Pan-Pot

Funk D'Void

Alex Under

Gary Beck

Master H

Harvey McKay

Sunday June 12

Derrick Carter

Andrew Weatherall

Jamie Jones

Sunday Circus'

There was always someone playing pretty early doors last year. It really gets going at night though especially when people are on the way back from the other stages/ tents that have closed. The fire was switched on about 9 i think. I don't recall it getting closed off last year either.

Planning on heading to the arcadia afterburner on the friday night to see erol alkan but whats the dealio with the timing. when does it open and when does it close? and will he come on at the same time as the other acts. heard from people about it getting closed off last year so just hoping to get in there as it's apparently the highlight of the fest. any help? cheers.

Is mark henning not playing now then, in the guide he is on at the same time as Harvey Mckay (who is not in the guide). Would like to see them both. Mark Henning is playing the Slam Tent at T now though, so maybe that is why they have switched?

SOMA PRESENT PRESSURE Friday

ARCADIA AFTERBURNER

18.00-19.30 Animal Farm

19.30-21.30 Ewan Pearson

21.30-23.15 Heidi

23.15-00.15 Paul Ritch (live)

00.15-02.00 Erol Alkan

SOMA 20TH BIRTHDAY PARTY Saturday

ARCADIA AFTERBURNER

16.00-19.00 Master H

19.00-20.30 Harvey Mckay

20.30-22.00 Gary Beck